I’m here again with more Cherry Bakewell treats! Another super simple recipe that is barely a recipe really – but still disappears in ultra quick time. I’m using creative licence calling this Cherry Bakewell really – It cherry and almond flavour Rocky Road. All the taste of Bakewell without any of the faff of making frangipane.
As with any Rocky Road, its completely up to you how big or small you chop the chunks. I tried to go bigger than usual for us for this recipe so the cherries and marzipan really stand out.
The photos show that the chocolate wasn’t quite set on top of the Rocky Road – The perils of 3 hungry children wanting to get eating and the shots being taken in a hot conservatory. Obviously, the decorative cherries are optional if you fancy a play. They are quite quick to pipe but take a while to melt the white chocolate and colour. (If your white chocolate seizes up, follow these tips to recover it)
Cherry Bakewell Rocky Road
- 125 grams Butter
- 400 +150 grams Milk Chocolate The extra 150g is for decorating the top of the Rocky Road
- 200 grams Digestive Biscuits Roughly crushed
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 100 grams Glace Cherries Chopped into quarters
- 160 grams Marzipan Chopped into small cubes
- 50 grams Flaked Almonds
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 50 grams White Chocolate Optional – For decoration
- Melt the 400g Milk Chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water (Take care not to let the boiling water touch the bottom of the glass bowl)
- When melted, add the butter and stir through until mixed
- Take off the heat and Add the digestives and mix well
- Stir in the chopped cherries, marzipan and flaked almonds and add the almond extract
- Flatten down in a lined or greased cake tin (I use a 8" square tin and there was just enough mixture).
- Refridgerate for 20 minutes and it should harden
- Meanwhile melt the remaining milk chocolate using the same method as earlier and smooth over the top of the refridgerated biscuit mix. Put back in the fridge
- If you are going to pipe the cherries, melt the white chocolate and divide into 2. Colour half red & half green and place into small piping bags.
- Once the chocolate has started to set on the biscuit mix, you can pipe your cherries
- Popp back in the fridge for at least another 20 minutes, then eat
Bake of the Week
The link is now open for your entries – There was a technical hitch with last week’s linky code so hopefully all sorted this week!
As usual, up to 3 posts per blog – please link to https://casacostello.com and add the badge (below) to your post. If you share on social media, I’m happy to be tagged (@CasaCostello everywhere) and will always reshare.
All bakes allowed – there’s no theme: Sweet Savoury, Tarts, Biscuits, Bread, Casseroles, Slow cooked meals, Cakes all welcome – Even No-Bakes like I’ve done here (The irony!)
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Click here for more Cherry Bakewell goodies in addition to Rocky Road: