Wow! Isn’t the sun incredible today? Or at least I hope it is where you are too. Its not often that the camera shouts that the subject is too bright!
This is no ordinary dry Bakewell Tart – It contains a whole jar of black cherries that I brought back from France last year. They have been taunting me in the cupboard ever since. I actually think the frangipane could do with slightly longer in the oven – Use your judgement – It is a really hot, sticky day here and the icing is oozingly melting.
An utterly stupendous week last week for Bake of the Week – I am in awe of the baking talent out there. It is getting harder and harder to choose a featured bake each week. There was one recipe that stood out though as I’ve got to make that! The More Than Occasional Baker with her magnificent Mini Pork Pies with Quails Eggs – I really think my taste buds are changing. This is miles away from the recipe I would have yearned for a couple of years ago but I have such an urge to bake it now. I haven’t attempted hot water pastry in ages so relish the thought of giving it a go.
I’ve separated this week’s bakes into a wealth of fruitiness – Let me present to you ‘Feeling Fruity!’
1. Beautifully presented and a classic taste combination from Hijacked by Twins – White Chocolate & Raspberry Cake
2. After my disaster last week with fudge, I’m admiring Foodie Quine’s stunning Baileys fudge with pistachio & cranberries
3. Apparently Domesetic Gothess wasn’t all that happy with the appearance of her Red Wine & Poached Pear Chocolate Frangipane Tarts – I think they look luscious and so inviting!
4. Jen’s Raspberry, Rose & Pomegranate Cake definitely has the WOW factor – Perfect for any centre piece!
6. Nic is using up her cupboard food this week in preparation for a holiday – She has produced some lovely Lemon Blueberry Greek Yogurt Muffins – Have a great holiday!
7. An incredibly beautiful, flour less, tasty, appealing and HEALTHY cake from the Gluten Free Alchemist with her Gluten Free Flourless Orange Cake complete with Honeyed Raspberry Coulis
8. Such an impressive looking cake from ET Speaks From Home this week with her Blueberry Chocolate Roulade
9. Making a fantastic job of pro ducting Choux Pastry for the first time with her Lemon Choux Buns this week is Baking Queen 74 – Well done!
10. Bringing new life to a classic Victoria Sponge turning it into Plum Cake is Hijacked by Twins
11. I adore triple layer cakes and this Strawberry, Elderflower, & Almond Layer Cake from Domestic Gothess may just be one of the prettiest and striking ones around
12. For the super healthy amongst us, Sarah from Tales From The Kitchen Shed has produced some Peanut Butter & Banana Muffins
13. A warm welcome to the Front Porch Gourmet with this wonderful Russian Apple Cake
14. Just look at the shine on these Sausage Hotdog Buns from The Dream Baker – WoW!
15. Wonderfully creative Rainbow Ice-Cream Cupcakes from Mummy Mishaps – She makes it seem so easy!
16. A true favourite and perfect for picnics Ginger and Treacle Loaf Cake from the lovely blog at Alice Megan
17. Another firm favourite and so well executed from Eat Your Heart Out (A warm welcome to another new blog) Coffee & Walnut Cake
18. Who says Quinoa has to be dull? An amazing Quinoa Chocolate Cake from Winnie’s blog
19. Melting Moments Vegan style in honour of the Free From Farmhouse’s Mum with her Easy Vegan Biscuits
20. Ebracing the joys of weekend baking with a toddler is Petite Raisin with some lovely Chocolate Caramel and Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Squares
21. I will always remember the first time I baked a New York Cheesecake – It will forever be one of those magical moments of science when unbelievable everything comes together to taste like pure heaven. Baking Queen 74’s Nielsen Massey Baked Vanilla Cheesecake looks no less magical.
22. Last but not least, These Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies from Winnie’s blog would go down a storm after school in this house
We are now open for next week’s Bake of the Week – slightly later than usual – It is Holy Communion Week and its all systems go! I’ve got a clean front door but that’s about all the cleaning I’ve managed to do so far – Eek!
There’s no theme as usual for Bake of the Week. Please add the badge and it would be great if you would visit a couple of other bakers. All bakes welcome Savoury, sweet, slow cooked. Feel free to add up to 3 bakes per blog.
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>