There’s a possibility I am becoming slightly addicted to blueberries – a punnet doesn’t last a day in this house. I’m sure they are juicier & tastier than ever this year. We are still fighting the never ending battle to reduce our sugar intake – I will honestly admit that I’m addicted to sugar and know I need to reduce my intake. Its birthday week in this house & I know that many treats will be consumed over the next few days so thought I try the girls out with a healthier reduced sugar bake, blueberry muffins.
I make these in 2 shapes – traditional muffin cases and also these long, thin bite sized muffins – Normal muffin cases are still used to line the rectangle tins, just press down the corners to make a squarer shape. The magic of blueberries really happens in the oven – I would love an oven-cam to watch how the blueberries explode. You never know how they are going to turn out.
Some wonderful #BakeoftheWeek entries as usual last week – Thanks for Jenny for hosting.
My featured bake has to be these stunning Beetroot & Chocolate Cupcakes from Only Crumbs Remain – Just how incredible is that beetroot frosting made with the fantastic colour of fresh beetroot.
Our other entries were no less spectacular:
1. More wonderful colours with this Cherry Chocolate Battenburg from the Gluten Free Alchemist
2. Are they a scone? Are they a cake? You decide on Tin & Thyme’s Yorkshire Fat Rascals
3. Also trying to bake healthier is Only Crumbs Remain with her Lemon Drizzle Olive Oil Cake.
4. Getting up early would be no hardship if we had these Easy Yoghurt Bread Rolls from Jo’s Kitchen Larder to look forward to.
5. Adding a bit of spice to her baking this week is Hijacked by Twins with her Rhubarb & Ginger Cake
6. Super quick and easy for breakfast, GF & Sugar Free Bircher Muesli Cookies from Mummy Mishaps.
Our linky is open for this week’s bakes – Thanks so much to everyone for joining in. We really love seeing and sharing your bakes across Twitter, Pinterest, & plenty of other social media channels.
Please add our badge to your post to share the #BakeoftheWeek message and link to Jenny (http://mummymishaps.co.uk) and myself (http://casacostello.com)
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
If you are like me & yearning for constant blueberries, try out some of these other lovely food bloogers’ blueberry recipes:
* Creamy Rice Pudding with Boozy Berry Compote from Tinned Tomatoes
* Simple Blueberry Jam using just 3 ingredients and no pectin from Fab Food 4 All
* Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Smoothie from Foodie Quine
* Coconut & Almond Granola Clusters with Blueberries from Elizabeth’s Family Kitchen
* Lemon & Blueberry Cake from Supper in the Suburbs
* Zesty Leon & Blueberry Madeira Cake also from Supper in the Suburbs
* Banana Blueberry Bread from Munchies & Munchkins
* Orange Blossom Blueberry Loaf Cake with Blueberry Glaze from Recipes from a Pantry
* Blueberry Brioche from Patisserie Makes Perfect
* Blueberry Scones from United Cakedom
* Caramelised Blueberry Blondies from Tin & Thyme
Thanks to everyone who contributed their recipes