Homemade Pot Noodle - Foolproof for after school playdates
- Medium Egg Noodles - My kids eat approx 3/4 of a dried strip each
- Cooked Chicken or Boiled Ham, chopped into cm pieces
- Small portion of frozen peas or sweetcorn
- approx 150ml weak vegetable stock
- splash soy sauce (optional)
- Boil the noodles until nearly soft (approx 5 mins)
- Add peas/sweetcorn and carry on cooking for another 3 minutes
- At the last minute, add the chopped meat and stir through to warm it
- Drain the noodles
- Add the vegetable stock
- Add the splash soy sauce (Once I accidentally added worcester sauce instead and the kids still loved it!)
- All 3 of mine absolutely love this and regularly have 2 full bowls each. I've never had a child home to play that doesn't like it either.
- For extra novelty value, serve it in a disposable carton so they feel like they are really having a pot noodle.