I’ve always had to practically force myself to eat breakfast – I fallen into the typical Mum trap of surviving on strong coffee until about 11am. I would go berserk at my girls if they didn’t eat breakfast though. Time to lead by example?
I do have a few breakfast dishes that I really enjoy actually – when I was working in an office I used to take some crunchy cereal with some fruit and low fat yogurt and happily devour at my desk. I have stopped buying the crunchy clusters of cereal now though – I get tired of there being so few actual clusters and the remainder being dust at the bottom of the packet.
I never thought I’d hear myself say it but I prefer making my own Granola. Now before you think I’ve gone all healthy on you – give it a go. It is really crunchy but filling too. You definitely don’t feel like you are being made to eat dust!
My featured Bake this week is Wonderful Cardamom & Saffron Brioche with a crispy Pecan crust from Lemon & Lime Thyme – A huge welcome to the #Bakeoftheweek clan! (Number 10 in the Roundup pictures)
1. Super pretty Raspberry & Coconut Cupcakes from More than An Occasional Baker
2. These Strawberry & Pistachio Financiers would be just perfect at a Summer Afternoon Tea – Patisserie Makes Perfect
3. Gluten-Free & Dairy Free Iced Gems from The Free From Fairy
4. Rainbow Cupcakes from Modern Family Baking
5. Mini Lime Yoghurt Loaf Cakes from Domestic Gothess
6. Ooh I must try rum soaked raisins next time I make a Carrot Cake – Beautiful Carrot Loaf Cakes from Baking in Pyjamas
7. Celebrating the use of vegetables in baking with a good old favourite, Carrot Cake Muffins is Foodie Quine
8. Another warm welcome to a new member of the #Bakeoftheweek team, Multicultural Motherhood who joins us with her delicious Jam Sandwich Biscuits
9. You don’t get much more chocolatey than these Totally Chocolate Choc Chip Cookies from Baking in Pyjamas
11. Almond & Cinnamon Cake from ET Speaks From Home
12. Freshly back from her hols and inspired by her lovely Italian home is Alida from My Little Italian Kitchen with an Italian Soft Raisin Cake with Almonds
13. Perfect after school treat, Slow Cooked Apple & Raspberry Oat crumble from Baking Queen 74
14. How pretty is this Lemon Curd Swiss Roll from Petite Raisin – We really do have some exceptional bakers that join in with #Bakeoftheweek
15. I really like that this Vanilla Salt Salted Caramel Cookie Cake is edged in buttercream rather than smothered with it – less is definitely more in this case! Baking in Pyjamas.
Thanks as ever to you all for taking such an interest in #Bakeoftheweek. I really enjoy visiting all your blogs and wonder each week what you will come up with next.
We are now open for next week’s bakes –
* Up to 3 from each blog are allowed
* Please add the badge below to your post to share the Bake of the Week message
* No theme so all bakes and slow cooked items allowed
* I comment, tweet, Pin & Google+ all entries aswell as link in the roundup
* If you add your bakes, feel free to Tweet me @CasaCostello to let me know and I will RT
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Our Bake of the Week Pinterest board now has nearly 500 Bakes on it – Follow the board to keep up to date with all the other Bakes of the Week
Follow Casa Costello’s board Bake of the Week – Link Up your Baked Creations every week on Pinterest.
Edit: I’m afraid I’m going to have to leave the linky open for a few more days – I’m expecting some technical work to be done on the blog in the next week so it might go offline for a few hours. I didn’t want it to coincide with all your lovely new entries. So feel free, keep adding to this weeks and I’ll be back with a roundup asap! Thanks 🙂