We are well into half term here – A bit unusual for us that only 2 out of 3 girls are off this week, with Millie off next week. Millie isn’t in school though as she has GB synchro training in Aldershot all week. Sadly, she also missed her youngest sister’s 6th birthday party on Sunday – complete with a much yearned for Paw Patrol Cake! How on earth has Tara reached 6 already? I don’t remember the others ever being so excited about a birthday before – this is going to be a long week as she is officially only 6 next Monday.
I will admit to being nervous about creating a Paw Patrol cake. The theme didn’t really seem strong enough to design a cake & so many people don’t even seem to have heard of it, never mind watch it. I couldn’t do another Minion cake this year, so bit the bullet and had a go.
Tara was very kind and said I could use her plastic models of the Paw Patrol pups but they were much too small so a sugar model of Marshall was made. I’m very much into using large polystyrene numbers at the moment to give my cakes extra height and more WOW. I didn’t cover the 6 as I have done on previous cakes, I just added a few fondant paw prints.
Thanks as usual, go to my #BakeoftheWeek partner in crime, Jenny at Mummy Mishaps who shared her magnificent Malteser & Chocolate Finger Celebration Cake last week.
My featured Bake of the Week from last week’s entries are these gorgeous Hazelnut & White Chocolate Brownies. Just look how rich and luscious they are! Thanks to Proper Foodie for sharing them with us.
A lot of our entries last week were love inspired, paying tribute to Valentine’s Day. I hope you all had a lovely day, whether you were celebrating with someone special or embracing the single life when you can put your oldest comfiest pjs on and feel not a bit of guilt!
- Jo from Jo’s Kitchen presented us with her Easy Valentine’s Cupcakes – the ultimate treat, and great if you
forgot to buy a presentneed an emergency present
2. Searching for Spice gave us her Strawberry Heart Shortbread – You get extra brownie points if you make these with your kids!
3. Red Velvet has got to be the most romantic of bakes. Baked to Imperfection shared her show stopping Red Velvet Layer Cake.
4. The Mummysphere shared a wonderful Dairy free Raspberry & Chocolate traybake. I keep meaning to buy some freeze dried raspberries – I bet they added such a zing!
5. Kirsty from Hijacked by Twins is celebrating Bramley Apple week this week with her Bramley Apple & Plum Crumble. Perfect for cold February days.
Only Crumbs Remain has a treat for the vegan bakers with her Vegan Rich Chocolate Orange Dessert
Our linky is open for your new entries now – As usual we share on Twitter, Pinterest, G+, Yummly & Stumble Upon as well as commenting and linking to each post in the following week’s Roundup. Jenny will be back next Wednesday with her roundup of this week’s entries. Please link to both Jenny (http://mummymishaps.co.uk) & myself (https://casacostello.com) as well as adding the badge below to your blog post.
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Disclosure: This post contains an affiliate link.