I’m sure I can hear you thinking, “What? Another Minion Cake!” and you would be correct. For the 3rd year running, Little Miss Tara has requested a Minion party and cake. Our littlest lady was 5 at the weekend – Just blown away how quickly those 5 years have gone. Tara thoroughly enjoyed her party hosted by the fabulous Paul Storey. We’ve used Paul for our party entertainment for years now – He was at our wedding reception and the girls’ christening parties aswell as several birthday parties along the way. Paul is celebrating 25 years in Children’s entertainment this year and he just keeps getting better and better. It was brilliant to see all the parents joining in and gasping at the magic. The real magic though, was how he manages to get 35 4-5 year olds sitting still, hanging on his every word!
Now, I have BIG NEWS for Bake of the Week – You may have read my post from yesterday when I talked about the difficulties I’ve had posting Bake of the Week recently. Well, I’m really pleased to announce that from next week Bake of the Week will be co-hosted by Sarah from the fabulous Maison Cupcake! We will alternating weeks for doing the reveal and the roundup – You will still get as many (if not more) shares and exposure for joining in with Bake of the Week. To make it easier I will put the dates that we will be hosting on the Bake of the Week page.
My featured Bake from our latest entries is a new recipe to me – A Big Fat Persian Kuku from Allotment to Kitchen. A mix of beetroot and cauliflower, this dish is usually cooked in a frying pan. Shaheen has changed her Kuku to be baked in the oven and given it a fabulous heart shape too! I can only imagine how intense the mixture of vegetables, garlic, cumin and cheese make this bake – I do know that the beetroot has given it an amazing natural brilliant red colour though!
I’ve split the other Bake of the Week entries into 2 sections. The first group are biscuits and cookies. My waistline is evidence to the fact, I simply cannot resist a cookie!
(Clockwise from Top left round)
1. Great recipe to involve and interest the kids in baking – Rainbow Cookies from Baking With Granny
2. Crunchy, sweet and full of Middle Eastern flavours, Halva Biscuits from Tin & Thyme
3. I’m loving the trend to insert little surprise extras in our bakes, these Slow Cooker Chocolate Orange Cookies from Baking Queen 74 have a wonderful slice of Terry’s Chocolate Orange in them!
4. A truly inspirational 10 year old in the form of Miss GF made these wonderful Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies. The Gluten Free Alchemist is understandably proud of her daughter!
I think this week might be one of the prettiest round up weeks we’ve had for Bake of the Week. Every one of your bakes are works of art – truly.
1. Bringing back memories of my mum baking after school is Baking With Granny and her drop scones. Is it still the rule that the first one has to be a disaster?
2. Only Crumbs Remain has definitely excelled this week with her ultra pretty Apple Rose Cupcakes – She assures us that they are super easy to make!
3. With a wonderful fudgey centre and a crisp exterior, Only Crumbs Remain are Brownies not to be missed.
4. If you need a quick, emergency bake, Baking Queen 74’s Easy Strawberry Tarts are just right.
5. Single handedly making Tunnocks Teacakes irresistible and trendy is Foodie Quine with her Tunnocks Rocky Road. Read her post for more brilliant ideas for incorporating Tunnocks into your baking.
6. Perfect for spring but also for Mother’s Day are Baking With Granny’s Spring Fairy Cakes. Beautiful simple pastel decorations.
The link is now open for your next lot of Bake of the Week entries. Up to 3 entries per blog please.
We will continue to comment on every post, Share on Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest aswell as Yummly & StumbleUpon.
If you get chance to visit other entries, it would be good to comment and let them know you called!
Please add the badge to your entries to spread the word about Bake of the Week. As Sarah is now co-hosting, could you please link to us both in your post?
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Bake of the Week roundup will be over at Sarah’s place next Tuesday – The link will remain open until Monday evening.