This was such a happy cake to drop off. Stephen’s Mum had ordered his birthday cake so I never actually got chance to meet the birthday boy (man?). I had pretty much free reign once again – The cake had to be an 8″, fruit and have some element of blue.
The reaction I got was wonderful – Stephen’s Mum even rang me again later this afternoon to say how overwhelmed she was by the cake. She has tasted some of my fruit cake earlier this year when my Mum handed her some of her Christmas Cake from me! Who knew that my mother distributes her Christmas cake to the neighbours!
I’m enjoying being back at the cakes – the orders are coming in which I’m really grateful for. Lovely to be back in contact with some of my previous customers too! I still massively stress about actually going delivering the cakes though – definitely not my favourite bit!
A huge week last week for #BakeoftheWeek – Hopefully some of the hard work that myself and Sarah, my co-host from Maison Cupcake are putting in, is paying off for everyone. We really do focus on sharing and promoting all of your wonderful bakes. This linky is definitely value for money in that your posts will be Commented, Tweeted, pinned, Yummed, G+ed & Stumbled. And of course, links to up to 2 entries per blog each week. (Oh actually, there is no money!)
I’ve had to pick a couple of featured posts this week – the standard is so high.
I have been seeing Helen from Friends, Family Food working so hard to cater for Pesach. This Fruit & Nut Breakfast Loaf would be the perfect start to anyone’s day!
I also am really taken with Easy peasy Foodie’s Oat, Coconut, Carrot & Chocolate Chip bars – I really must get in the habit of having more after school snacks available again. The packets of bought biscuits have been creeping back in which is a habit I really want to knock on the head. I reckon these bars would go down a treat.
1. Ever wondered how to make the perfect scone? LinsFood tells us her secrets.
2. Incredible use for left over Mashed Potato – Potato Muffins from Tales from the Kitchen Shed
3. Finding out more about the benefits of using Coconut Oil with her Coconut & Chocolate Ganache Bars – Tales from the Kitchen Shed
4. Super pretty Butterfly Buns with White Chocolate ‘Wings’ from Only Crumbs Remain
5. I’m suspecting these Nutella Cheesecake Cupcakes are rather addictive – One of plenty of recipes submitted this week from The Not So Creative Cook. Visit her site to see them all!
6. Chocolate Chip & Banana Doughnuts from Nelly’s Cupcakes – Baked not fried!
And now for the bigger bakes …
7. Just incredible (but also a bit terrifying how much my kids would be on the ceiling!0 Smarties Cake from Mummy Mishaps.
8. I’m really intrigued how this Smoked Paprika & Mushroom Loaf would turn out for me. Bet it would taste awesome! – Allotment to Kitchen.
9. Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bread – We are promised that we would never have to buy Cinnamon bread again from Don’t Sweat the Recipe.
10. Utterly decadent Brioche Chocolate Chip Pudding from The Not So Creative Cook.
EDIT: I don’t know how I did it but I appear to have missed 2 entries off the roundup. It was certainly not that they didn’t look appealing – Both of these recipes are mouthwateringly good! Sorry ladies.
We have Salted Caramel Chocolate Flapjacks from Baked to Imperfection
An divine Slow Cooker Crunchie Brownies from Baking Queen 74.
And so the linky is now open. Sarah will be doing next week’s roundup over at Maison Cupcake. Look out for your posts continuing to be shared over the coming week. The linky will remain open until next Monday evening (25th April). You are welcome to add as many posts as you like in the linky but please be aware that no more than 2 posts can be included in the roundup. You may be best staggering them! 🙂
Don’t forget to follow the #BakeoftheWeek Pinterest Board:
The badge is here to place in your post – please also link to myself (www.casacostello.com) and Sarah (www.Maisoncupcake.com)
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>