I need to thank HRH Mary Berry for this recipe – It is one of my favourites of her, a Lemon Drizzle Cake but obviously amended to turn into an Orange Drizzle Cake. I make this in a double batch as both cakes rarely lasts 2 days.
My featured Bake of the Week this week is an absolutely favourite of mine – Caramel Apple Roulade from Baking Queen 74. Such a light bake but yet packed with autumnal flavours. Obviously inspired by the wonderful Great British Bake Off that I am bereft is finishing on BBC tonight. Will you be joining me in the Great British Watch Off?
I’ve got to give a special commendation to Only Crumbs Remain for the sheer amount of baking she has done recently. I love these Mock Tudor Vegetarian Pies based on a favourite around here, Lancashire Hotpot.
Thanks as always to everyone who entered #BakeoftheWeek and shared/commented everyone else’s work. This really only works if people benefit from joining in. As usual, all entries will be linked to in the following week’s roundup as well as commented on, tweeted, pinned, shared with G+, Yummly & Stumbled.
I’ve separated the entries into those containing winter fruit & veg and the rest:
1. Toffee Apple Flapjacks from the Good Egg Foodie
2. Winter Beetroot, Potato & Horseradish Gratin from Allotment 2 Kitchen
3. Pumpkin & Apple Muffins from Searching for Spice
4. Creamy Stuffed Tomatoes from Herbs, Spices & Tradition
5. Spiced Apple & Ginger Cake from FarmersGirl Kitchen
6. Crackling Bonfire Cupcakes from A Strong Coffee
7. Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Giraffes Can Bake
8. GF Chocolate Birthday Bundts from the Gluten Free Alchemist
9. Salted Caramel Snickerdoodle Blondies from Giraffes Can Bake
10. Triple Chocolate Buns from Tin & Thyme
We are now open for entries into next week’s #Bakeoftheweek – I’ll be back next TUESDAY with the roundup. Hopefully I will have news of a new co-host coming very soon too!
Please add the badge to your post to share the news about #bakeoftheWeek – If you tweet your bakes, feel free to tag me @CasaCostello and #bakeoftheweek in for extra shares throughout the week.
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Pin for Later: