This is a Sponsored post in association with Richmond Sausages.
Richmond Sausages are a firm favourite of all 3 of my girls. They have a long association with visits to their Grandma. Anyone who visits Grandma Julie will find the oven or grill on within minutes of entering the house.
Just last week I was invited to the launch party of Richmond’s new range of Chicken Sausages containing 30% less fat than Richmond Thick sausages. At the launch party, I was joined by a bunch of other food bloggers and the lovely, Angellica Bell, winner of the most recent Celebrity Masterchef. (Angellica was most definitely lovely and not just because she reckons I should apply for GBBO!)
Anyway, back to the event. We were given demonstration on how to use Richmond Chicken Sausages in some of the #NationsFavourites sausage dishes. These include Sausage & Mash, Toad In The Hole (see below for a pic of a healthier version containing added vegetables too) and Sausages & Chips (We went with wedges covered in parmesan).
We were given examples of 3 different types of gravy that we could serve with the sausages: Sherry, Balsamic & Red Wine. All delicious and show casing how versatile sausages can be.
My tip of the day that I learnt was to always add hot butter when mashing potatoes as using cold will reduce the temperature of the mash and it won’t be as fluffy.
Since coming back home, I wanted to experiment with a dish we quite often eat with sausages: Our Easy Family Chicken Sausage Pilaf. While we are huge fans of risotto in this house, sometimes its just not practical to stand over a stove stirring the rice for over 30 minutes. My cheats pilaf allows most of the ingredients to be cooked at the same time with minimal stirring and mixing together right at the end. A pilaf is rice that is cooked in a stock to give added flavour.
I am happy to be able to host a giveaway for one lucky reader to win a £25 Tesco voucher. All you have to do to enter is leave a comment below telling me which meal you would use your Richmond Chicken Sausages in and who you would like to eat them with? Simple as that!
Richmond Chicken Sausages are available in all major supermarkets (unsurprisingly Tesco included) for RRP of £2.25
Terms & Conditions of the giveaway:
• Giveaway will run from 15/05/2018 – 27/05/2018.
• There is one prize to be won.
• The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
• One entry permitted per person.
• This giveaway is open to UK entries only.
• Entrants must be age 18 or over.
• Data controller for the purposes of this giveaway is BLOG NAME. Your details will not be used for any other purpose than selecting/informing a winner.
• Winner’s details will be passed to Flea Enterprises, who are responsible for sending out the prize.
• Entrants must enter by leaving a comment on this blog post.
• All entries will be checked.
• The winner will be chosen at random from valid entries after the closing date
• The winner will be informed by email or on Twitter.
• Failure to respond within one week may result in a new winner being drawn.
• Once drawn, the winner’s name will be displayed on this blog post
• Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
EDIT: The lucky winner of the #25 Tesco Voucher was drawn at random and is Tanya. Tanya has been informed that she has won. Congratulations Tanya!