Have you got any leftover Christmas Ham/Gammon? This recipe is one of my all time favourites that will make you wish you had some left. I think I went slightly over the top at Costco this year when I bought our Christmas Ham -It was a real enormous one, the sort that you have to rearrange the shelves and be careful what fresh stuff you buy in December.
Not being a fan of cheese, this is slightly different to traditional risottos in that it is cheese-free – I suppose there is nothing stopping you adding cheese but I really feel it doesn’t need it. There is plenty of sweetness from the chestnuts and the Maple syrup (I used pure Quebec maple syrup that I got from the Canadian Embassy when I visited their Christmas in July Showcase – the proper stuff!)
I’ve talked before about not being a fan of fad diets – I’m certainly not doing Veganuary but even I recognise that people might not want to see a huge cream cake for the first Bake of the Week for 2016. Hopefully you caught the Top 10 Bakes of the Week for 2015. I’m really looking forward to what people have to offer during the next year.
Bake of the Week
Great to see so many entries for the last week especially as everyone is so busy over Christmas. As expected there was a plethora of delicious Christmassy recipes – many of which I will be giving a go over the next 12 months. For my featured bake, I have chosen a recipe that I can imagine baking at any time of year, Mini Gingerbread Bundts from PotPourri. I agree with Saswati that the smell of gingerbread permeating through the house when baking is just heavenly. The decorations on these bundt cakes is simple yet so effective. Just lovely.
There’s no shortage of Chocolate Bakes even at Christmas.
1. One of my best bakes from 2015 are these Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cupcakes from new member of the Bake of the Week gang, Baking with Granny.
2. How rich and luxurious does this Malteser & White Chocolate Cheesecake from Mummy Mishaps look? Pure bliss.
3. Obviously Baking with Granny has much more success cooking Fudge than I do! Pretty White Chocolate & Cranberry Fudge no less.
4. We’ve still got packets of Candy Canes left so I’ll definitely be having a go at Foodie Quine’s Candy Cane Rocky Road. My girls will love it!
Christmas must be so difficult for people that dislike dried fruit – Luckily, I love it (Still can’t take to mixed peel though)
5. Light, crispy and sugary Sweet Mincemeat Rugelach from Only Crumbs Remain.
6. Rustic and stunning Gingered Fruit Cake from Domestic Gothess – I can imagine her Christmas table looked spectacular!
7. We’ve got a small Christmas Pudding leftover so I can’t imagine anything more suitable to do with it than Mummy Mishaps’ Christmas Pudding Flapjacks.
8. Making mince pies interesting with a Cinnamon Crumble Topping is the GF Alchemist.
9. A really spectacular Stollen from Lucy at Baking Queen 74 – great height and a beautiful swirl of marzipan
10. I’m so sad that I didn’t take any proper pictures of my decorated Christmas Sugar Cookies. Potpourri’s are super colourful and fun though!
11. Pretty perfect party Food and a magnificent selection of Mini Quiches from the GF Alchemist.
12. Would you believe I’ve never tried a Nut Roast? Domestic Gothess’ Vegetarian Nut Roast Pie looks very tempting though I’m not sure I could get it as perfect.
13. Indulging her inner child with these super pretty Stained Glass Window Biscuits is Baking with Granny.
The link is now open for your next Bake of the Week entries – as usual, there is no theme. Anything baked in the oven or slow cooker is welcome. Please include the badge in your post to let others know about the linky. If you could please comment to let me know you’ve joined in, I can get sharing as as soon as poss. If you have time, your fellow entrants would also love a comment!
As usual, I will be getting round to all entries with comments, RT’ing on Twitter, Listing on Yummly, Pinning and G+ing. The link will remain open until Monday evening and hopefully the roundup will be live next Tuesday evening.
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>