Happy Advent everyone! A slightly delayed Bake of the Week from me due to huge technical difficulties yesterday but never fear, I have quiche. A real hearty, filling quiche with a crunch. I’ve spoken before about my love for nuts but have until now mainly included them in sweet dishes. There’s definitely a place for walnuts in a quiche though – Chopped fairly small and added right at the last moment, just before baking – they go wonderfully with the salty bacon and creamy quiche filling.
I’ve used a traditional short-crust pastry but in hindsight, I could have made this even more special with a walnut pastry. I might have to bake this again next week to try that theory out!
I absolutely adore my featured Bake of the Week from last week’s entries. Many thanks as always to Jenny for co-hosting and holding the fort so brilliantly while I have been away (more about why and where I’ve been in a future post). Cook style showed us her magnificent baking and decorating skills with the Christmassy gingerbread men – I’m sure you will agree that they are super cute!
My first section of Bake of the Week entries all have a spice inspired kick – whether it be from ginger or chilli.
- A lighter version of a traditional Christmas Cake from Recipes Made Easy with a Special Fruit & Nut Cake
- If you fancy a change from Christmas Pudding there is always Baking Queen 74’s Slow Cooked Gingerbread Pudding?
- One of my favourite bakes in Gluten Free form – Jamaican Ginger Cake from the Gluten Free Alchemist
- Our host for last week, Jenny from Mummy Mishaps with a wonderful Chocolate, Coffee & Chilli Cake
Our other entries were so much fun too.
5. How cute are these Cookie Monster Cupcakes with Full Tummies from Only Crumbs Remain?
6. A Strong Coffee provided us with the most amazing Pick ‘n’ Mix Anti gravity Cake.
7. Totally luxurious Salted Caramel Cupcakes from Baked to Imperfection
Our link is now open for your Bakes from this week. Jenny will be back with the full round up early next week. Please link to both of us in your post Helen (https://casacostello.com) and Jenny (http://mummymishpas.co.uk) and add the badge below to share the #BakeoftheWeek love.
As usual, we will share by commenting (I know I’m a bit behind but am getting to you all soon!), tweeting, Pinning, Adding to G+, Yummy & Stumble Upon as well as links in the following week’s roundup. Thanks so much to everyone who joins in – we really appreciate it!
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>