This is one of my most favourite cake designs (I’m pretty sure I say that for nearly every cake I do!). I love that the marzipan Tatty Teddies are slightly individual every time I make one – Surely their personality popping through? The stars (or hearts) can be arranged differently for every cake, making it special for each child.
I’m really happy to make Rowan’s Christening Cake – I made his sister Beth’s christening cake 7 years ago in the same style but pink. I even got to catch up with Rowan’s Mum (who I went to school with) and Beth on Saturday.
Thanks to Sarah from Maison Cupcake for hosting last week’s #BakeoftheWeek – Great to see such variety in our entries.
My chosen featured bake from last week has to be these Amaretto Sours Cocktail Cupcakes from Dancing Dandelions. This is another reason that I love hosting #BakeoftheWeek – Its great for introducing me to new (to me) blogs. I reckon that anyone who bakes using Amaretto is a friend for life in my book!
Our other entries have been split into large bakes and individual portions this week. Lets start with the larger bakes:
1. Using Sweet potato to combat a lower sugar content, Only Crumbs Remain with her Chocolate Orange & Sweet Potato Bundt Cake.
2. Perfectly blending some brilliant flavours, Hijacked By Twins with her Banana, Cinnamon & Peanut Cake.
3. A stunning Pumpkin Cake with Chocolate Chips, Honey & Nuts from Winnie’s Blog.
4. Perfect for snuggling up with a slice and a brew on a cozy afternoon, Earl Grey Fruit Tea Loaf Cake from Jibber Jabber.
5. Trying to convince us that the blueberries in her White Chocolate & Blueberry Blondiecake are part of our 5 a day is Jenny from Mummy Mishaps. Whether they do or not, the cake is still magnificent!
6. I’m regretting never getting round to buying a spiraliser now I’ve seen my co-host Maison Cupcake’s Courgette Muffins with Herby Pesto.
7. Perfect for slowly releasing energy, Baking Queen 74’s Mini Baked Oats with Cinnamon & Blueberries.
8. Making the most of the all too short asparagus season is Tin & Thyme with her Asparagus Tarts.
The link is now open for our next round of Bake of the Week. Entries will be accepted until next Monday evening (9th May). Sarah at Maison Cupcake will be doing next week’s Roundup. As usual we will comment on all entries, tweet the, stumble them, Pin them and add to Yummly.
Please add the badge to your post and link to myself (https://casacostello.com) & Sarah (http://maisoncupcake.com)
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
For anyone that would like to see all our previous Bakes of the Week, feel free to follow the Pinterest Board: