Its been a gorgeous day today – the sort of sunshine that makes everyone smile. You can’t help but comment in shops on how lovely the weather is – terribly British I know!
In honour of Spring doing its hardest to appear again, I’ve carried on with the Spring baking theme with my Sunshine Cookies. Soft, sweet cookies with a citrus zing. Totally addictive, one will never be enough.
My featured Bake of the Week from last week’s entries are these delightful little Chocolate Bundtlettes – How cute? And topped with a strawberry is even cuter. Like me, Jhuls from The Not So creative Cook is a migraine sufferer and is contemplating the relationship between migraines and chocolate in her post. Doesn’t put either of us off eating it though!
I also want to give a special mention to Baking Queen 74 for inspiring me to make these Brownies – They are just too tempting. I’ve ended up buying 3 lots of raspberries this week, just because of these pictures!
And onto the roundup:
1. Oh good gracious, how incredible does this Lemon & Coconut Pull Apart Bread look from the Domestic Gothess? Those spring colours and flavours!
2. Oatmeal Peanut Butter Scones – I’m imagining eating these on a hot sunny afternoon in the garden – Baking in PJs
3. Giraffes can Bake asks who could possibly not like Creme Brûlée? I’m afraid that’s me! Even I have admit that her Lime & Ginger Brûlées look wonderful though
4. Haman’s Ears or otherwise known as Baklawa Hamantachem from Winnie’s Blog – I love anything with nuts and cinnamon!
5. Tres Leches Cake is nowhere near as popular in the UK as it should be – This looks one of the best from Giraffes Can Bake
6. Reminiscent of visiting my Grandma’s: Raspberry Coconut Loaf from Baking in Pyjamas
7. Salted Honey Walnut Pie from Baking in Pyjamas – Such an unusual combination of flavours – I bet it tastes amazing
8. Uber pretty Triangular Shortbread from Winnie’s Blog. I can feel a Baked Shapes Roundup coming soon!
9. Always popular at this time of year but consistently go down super quick with the kids, Mini Egg Rice Krispie Treats from Baking in Pyjamas
10. Small but perfectly formed, Chorizo, Red Pepper & Cheddar Quiches from Jen’s Food
11. Happy 1st Birthday to The Dream Baker who is celebrating the first whole year of her lovely blog this week with this Chiffon Chocolate Cake
12. Showing off her incredible baking talent with this Almond Vanilla Twisted Bread is the Domestic Gothess
13. This pretty Orange Raspberry Swirl Bundt has been torturing me all over the internet this week: the Gluten Free Alchemist
14. Perfect looking baked donuts from Edible Reflections – Amazing for a first time donut baker
15. Putting Buckwheat flour successfully to the test with her Chocolate Muffins is I’d Rather Bake Than
16. And finally the lovely Lancashire Food with her ever so pretty, Spring Lemon & Lime Drizzle Cake
Thanks as always to those people who entered – I have a lot of people saying that they want to enter but are not expert bakers – we love learning to bake around here! Get entering and join in our lovely, friendly baking community. Please add the badge or a link back to this post so people know you have taken part.
I’m still getting round to visiting everyone but there are lots of shares going on around the internet. Feel free to follow the Bake of the Week Pinterest board
Follow Casa Costello’s board Bake of the Week – Link Up your Baked Creations every week on Pinterest.
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Entering into The Baking Explorer & Cakeyboi’s Treat Petite linky – Their theme this month is MUM, so I tarted the cookies up with a pretty ribbon to make them ideal for a Mother’s Day gift.
Also sharing with Lavender & Lovage & The Hedgecombers whose Tea Time Treats theme is happily Biscuits & Cookies this month.