You probably know by now that I love a cooking challenge. A couple of weeks ago, I received a parcel full of goodies from Knorr – Their Flavour Pots have won Product of the Year which is brilliant news.My challenge was to come up with meal idea using one of the 9 variations of Flavour Pots.
Well, we’ve had a blast – Our first meal was just a couple of hours later when we had a Chicken Curry (Using funnily enough the Curry Flavour Pot). There were 5 of us eating so it took 3 tubs of Curry Pots (I’m not that great on portion control so this wasn’t as extreme as it may sound)
Over the course of the fortnight, one of our favourite stars has been the Garden Herbs (We already use the Mixed Herbs Flavour Pot regularly). If a meal had some accompanying veg, then we bunged in a Garden herb Flavour pot. Wow, they really perk them up – Try it with Green Beans, mini broccoli stems and peas. Gorgeous!
Our surprise success though is the meal featured – Mexican Potato Medley. Super simple and just what we needed after a day of looking after a sick child earlier in the week.
1 #Knorr Mexican Flavour Pot
One bag of Charlotte Potatoes – Unpeeled, Chopped into 1-2cm chunks and boiled until just soft.
1 Red Pepper – Chopped into small pieces
1 Small Onion – Chopped Finely
3 Eggs (Or more if more than 3 of you want an egg!)
Lightly fry the Onions and Peppers until soft
Add the Boiled Potatoes to the frying pan
Add the #Knorr Mexican Flavour Pot and stir through until all combined
Crack the eggs directly into the pan and cook through for 2 minutes
Season with Pepper just before serving
Deliciously simple but really flavoursome and you definitely don’t need more than one Flavour Pot. I knew I would like it and to be fair, Dermot would eat most things but wasn’t sure how the girls would take it. Millie and Tara absolutely loved it! They both though it looked a bit strange when I added the egg but couldn’t get enough of it. (Violet was poorly so sadly missed out)
Thanks to everyone who took part in last week’s #FoodieFriday – The aforementioned sick child has meant I’m still getting around you all but rest assured you will be commented and shared aplenty!
My featured entry is Roasted Carrot & Leek Soup from Tales From The Kitchen Shed – Did you know it is National Carrot Day on April 4th. Watch out for a carrot themed post coming from me soon! This was one soup that looked hearty and full of flavour – So often I feel disappointed by a soup but I could quite happily dive into this one!
1. I love a good Lemon Curd – Cannot abide the shop bought stuff but homemade is fantastic. Bakewell Junction has shared her Meyer Lemon Curd.
2. A go-to favourite from Jan at Mum In The Madhouse with her Simple Banana & Chocolate Chip Muffins
3. Celebrating Fairtrade Fornight is Foodie Quine with Cookies & Quinoa – What better way to honour the occasion?
4. I have completely called for the charms of Haggis recently – Foodie Quine’s Haggis Toasties are so tempting
5. I’m well and truly ready for the start of summer and may very well celebrate its return (when it finally arrives) with Herb, Spices & Tradition’s Homemade Lemonade
6. A warm welcome to new comer to the Foodie Friday gang, Behind the Blonde with her Flourless Rum Cake … and its Gluten Free too!
7. I’m definitely having these Creamy Mushrooms on Toast this week in a rare moment of peace & quiet – Tales from the Kitchen Shed
8. Just love these Over the Rainbow Cupcakes from Foodie Quine – Brilliant colours!
9. Totally summing up the curse of chocolate is Alida from My Little Italian Kitchen with her Chocolate Chip Torta Stracciatella
10. Bread needn’t be boring, especially with this Spelt Banana & Chocolate Bread from A Thrifty Mum
11. Having a similar week to mine, with a sick child but also going through sugar withdrawal is the Free From Fairy. Everyone pop over and admire her Sweet Lemon & Spice Kefir Buns to cheer her up.
12. We don’t have a Wagamamas here in St Helens, so I’m very pleased to be able to make Truly Madly Kids’ own version of Chicken Ramen
13. A warm welcome to A Girl and her Home with the so pretty Rose & Pistachio Cake – The colour pink at its natural best.
Disclosure: As previously stated, we were supplied with goods suitable to be able to make meals containing ¢Knorr Flavour Pots – We had full editorial control over the recipes made.
The linky is now open for all your foodie posts – Please add the badge to your post to share the word. Maximum of 3 posts per blog please and if you could pop over to a couple of fellow entrants, that would be awfully kind! Linky remain open until next Thursday evening. Right. I’m off to do a whole load of commenting and sharing – Have a great week! I’m also off to learn (again) how to make a new #FoodieFriday badge so expect wonders next week!
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/foodie-friday-badge.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>