I have got such a backlog of cakes to show you! Fair to say, that returning to making cakes as Aardvark Cakes is going well. I had forgotten about the pain of having both ovens on for several hours on a roasting hot day though. Luckily the evenings were cooler last week for rolling out the fondant icing.
This Police Car Birthday Cake was for one of Tara’s friends from school. Barney is a lovely little boy and had a fantastic party on Sunday, in their very own gymnastics studio! The kids had a blast and I could happily eat the slice of cake in Tara’s party bag as I knew exactly where it had come from!
This was definitely my sort of cake – I love doing the intricate decorations. Tara even ‘helped’ by deciding where we were going to place the fondant pebbles and grass.
I’m having a baking day tomorrow just for me – I’m in the mood for experimenting with flavours and have a ‘To Bake’ list as long as my arm. Do other people have such a list? My recent obsession is Bullet Journalling which is perfect for list obsessives like me.
Anyway, back to the baking. Let’s see what the rest of the Bake of the Week gang had on offer last week.
I have chosen 2 featured Bakes of the Week for this week – Both containing Almond – We have Almond Joy Coconut Macaroons from Delish Pot Pourri – Perfect for baking with kids and also a stunning Cherry Bakewell inspired Cake from Attachment Mummy. All the flavours of a cherry bakewell without the hassle of making frangipane.
We also had some Chocolate/Cacao entries:
1. Belgian Speculoos Waffles with Banana & Chocolate from Maison Cupcake
2. Baked Triple Chocolate Donuts from Coffee & Vanilla
3. Crunchie Rocky Road Bars from Maison Cupcake
4. Chocolate Whisky Cakes from Tin & Thyme (Cor!)
5. Lemon & White Chocolate Shortbread from Nelly’s Cupcakes
6. Slow Cooker Cacao Oat Slice with Date Caramel (I need to try some Date Caramel!)
7. (Pictured below) Chocolate, Oat & Banana Nut Muffins from Farmersgirl Kitchen
8. I love an Ombre cake but know how much work they can be – This Lemon Ombre Cake for a Baby Shower is very special from Baked to Imperfection
9. A traditional Yorkshire Curd Tart from Only Crumbs Remain
10. Loving the super cute serving dishes for Maison Cupcake’s Super Easy Apple Cake
My co-host Sarah from Maison Cupcake will be back as usual next week with another roundup of Bakes of the Week. Please feel free to enter up to 3 recipes or baking posts per blog and attach the Bake of the Week badge to your post.
Please also link to Sarah at Maison Cupcake (http://MaisonCupcake.com) and Me (http://CasaCostello.com)
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
How we share your entries?
- We Comment on every one
- We Pin your post
- We Tweet your link
- We share on G+
- We share on Yummly and Stumble Upon
How you can join in?
- Add your post to the linky
- Tweet using #BakeoftheWeek and tag us @CasaCostello @MaisonCupcake – Optional
- Instagram using #BakeoftheWeek – Optional
- Try to visit at least 2 other entries, leaving a comment to let them know you called – Optional
- Follow the Pinterest Board (below)
– We are due to hit our 1000th pin this week!