The ultimate crowd pleaser and super quick recipe to make – Melting Moments made with a twist using Almond flavour rather than vanilla.
I use 3 types of almond flavour in these biscuits/cookies which are brilliant if you are looking for ideas for baking with kids. I add vanilla extract, flaked almonds on top and a blog of marzipan just before baking.
Marzipan Melting Moments
- 60 Grams Butter
- 60 Grams Caster Sugar
- 120 Grams Self-Raising Flour Plus extra for sprinkling on your surface
- 1 Medium Egg
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 50 Grams Flaked Almonds
- 25 Grams Marzipan
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line 2 baking trays with baking parchment
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together the butter and sugar until combined
- Beat the egg and add this with the almond extract to the butter/sugar mix
- Fold in the flour
- Tip out the mixture onto a floured worktop (it will be very sticky)
- Put the flaked almonds into a small bowl
- take 1 tbsp of mixture and roll into a rough ball shape with your hands, then roll the ball into the almonds
- Continue until the mixture is used up and all the balls are oon the baking trays
- Add a small ball of marzipan onto the top of each ball and bake for 15 minutes until golden
- Leave to cool. Best eaten same day
Bake of the Week
We have some changes coming to Bake of the Week – Jenny is taking some well deserved time off so its back to just me! Luckily I am back from my travels for a while now (Still waiting to get chance to blog about Russia, Barcelona & Prague!) so I will be able to bake every week and show you the backlog of bakes I have on offer. would like to thank Jenny for her time and hard work at keeping Bake of the Week going during the months when I have been mainly unavailable though.
I’d also like to highlight Choclette from Tin & Thyme who has been a fabulous mainstay of #BakeoftheWeek. Go check out her wonderful Matcha Madeleines!
The link is now open for you to add your entries for this week’s Bake of the Week. Don’t forget, up to 3 recipes per week are allowed (Old recipes are welcome too as long as they haven’t been added before and include the badge). Please link too www.casacostello.com and feel free to tag me on social media (@CasaCostello on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram). I’m happy to do extra shares to promote your recipes. I will continue to comment on each entry & share on Pinterest, Twitter, Insta stories & Facebook when possible.
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>