Now I know these aren’t the best pictures or the prettiest macarons you’ll ever see but believe me, they taste good!! I forgot to bang the tray with the macarons before baking to get rid of any massive air bubbles, so they did pop a little but no matter, they still got devoured!
I love watching and making honeycomb being made – Its a true chemical experiment how it fizzes and comes together. I can’t eat too much of it on its own though – The worry about rotting my teeth ruins it a little. I have absolutely no problems eating hundreds of macarons though!
Lots of lovely entries as usual to last week’s Bake of the Week – Even healthy eating January can’t deter some people!
My stand out Bake of the Week are these Caramel Apple Crisps from Et Speaks From Home – Just perfect for packed lunches, which we are back in the swing of following our Christmas break from synchro. Just love the triangle shape and that they are crispy yet soft in the middle.
1. Stunning marbling with this Marbled Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Bread from Domestic Gothess
2. Shortbread Cookies with Nuts & Almonds from Winnie’s Blog – Love the unusual shape!
3. Lovely Pastel colours in these Steamed Rice Cakes from ET Speaks From Home
4. Very tempted by this Cream Cookie Cake with Sugar Coating from Winnie’s Blog
5. Fulfilling my love for all things orange is Searching for Spice with her Orange Buttermilk Cake with Marmalade Cream Cheese Frosting
6. My eldest has just been eyeing these Strawberry Mini Meringues up by Baking Queen 74 – Beautiful!
7. Hurray for a no mixed peel recipe for Spanish Saffron Cake from Chez Maxima
Entries are now open for next week’s Bake of the Week – I share all entries on Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest aswell as comments. Each entry also gets a link back on the following week’s roundup. If you enter a #Bakeoftheweek – feel free to tweet about it too so I can RT and spread the love.
Please also place the badge in your post:
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>