I’ve made 2 lots of cupcakes so far this week with another bake planned for the morning. Nothing too strenuous, Simple Vanilla Cupcakes then these magnificent Chestnut Cupcakes with a totally luxurious White Chocolate Frosting. Yes they really are as decadent as they sound. I was trying to introduce Tara to the joy of Chestnuts but she wasn’t up for eating them on their own. She did however adore them as Chestnut Cupcakes and even loved the White Chocolate Frosting.
The ground chestnut add a fabulous texture. Nutty cupcakes that goes perfectly with the smoothness of the rich White Chocolate frosting.
Bake of the Week
Well it would appear that the Easter holidays completely beat me – I thought I was actually ahead of schedule with my roundup for Bake of the Week for once. Then I realised that I had actually missed a week! Congratulations to the eager bakers that noticed and apologies. If you didn’t notice, don’t read that last paragraph!
Congratulations also go this week to my featured Bake of the Week. This week I have chosen the Gluten Free Alchemist for her amazing Celebratory Orange Cake – How incredible does this look?
Many Thanks as ever to our other entrants – Great to see our numbers steadily increasing. I’m also loving our #BakeoftheWeek Facebook group too. Plenty of baking chat going on over there – Feel free to request to join (It doesn’t matter if you aren’t a baker or don’t join in with the #BakeoftheWeek linky)
Unsurprisingly, with our last roundup being on Easter weekend, we have several entries themed around chocolate. Never a bad thing! I am starting off with your Cookies & Slices entries first though:
1. Galaxy Golden Eggs Giant Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cake from Something Sweet, Something Savoury
2. Super colourful Easter Biscuits from CookStyle
3. Jo’s Kitchen shared her Easter Chocolate Shortbread Biscuits with Mini Eggs.
4. Foodie Quine gave us her intriguingly named Minister Slices
5. Completely drooling over this Mocha Drip Cake from Recipes Made Easy
6. Magnificent Raspberry & Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from Mummy Mishaps
7. Cadbury’s Caramel Egg Brownies from Something Sweet, Something Savoury
8. Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding from CookStyle
9. Cadbury’s Creme Egg Cupcakes from Something Sweet, Something Savoury
Our linky is now open for your latest entries. Don’t forget we share throughout the week over at Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook (Sometimes) G+, Yummly & Stumble Upon as well as commenting on each entry and including a pic and a link in the following week’s Roundup.
Please link to me (https://casacostello.com) and Jenny (http://mummymishaps.co.uk) as well as including the #BakeoftheWeek badge in your post.
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>