I’m bringing you a delicate, pretty birthday cake for this week’s #BakeoftheWeek. Made for a friend’s Mum on her 70th birthday last weekend – I was so pleased to be able to make her ‘special’ birthday cake. My brief was ‘Elegant’ so hopefully this fit the bill. The White roses were made using sugar flower paste and were sprinkled with glitter at the last minute (Sadly the photos cannot show up the glitter).
I love the pale gooseberry green and white combination as well as the white-on-white lettering. I’ve heard today that the cake was just as delicious to eat than it was gorgeous to look at! Phew!
I remember doing Cynthia’s Retirement cake a few years ago as it was one of my most favourites ever and still makes me smile. (Edit: You wouldn’t believe how many hours it has taken me today to find the picture of this cake – I REALLY need to sort out my cake photos!) Cynthia’s job used to be the bra measuring lady at M&S – I bet she has seen some sights.
#Bakeoftheweek is slightly delayed this week due to life generally getting in the way – We arrived back from Hungary on Monday morning (See my post over at 2 Adults 3Children to find out why we went) and Sarah is currently eating her body weight in cheese over in Switzerland.
We got there in the end with our round up though so let’s get on with sharing the baking love …
My featured post for last week’s entries is from Only Crumbs Remain with her Bavarian Slice – The decoration on these slices is exquisite. Totally perfect for afternoon tea. We are assured that these are relatively easy to assemble so lets have a go!
Thanks as always to everyone who joined in – Apologies that our shares have been slightly delayed but we are now back on track.
We’ll start with the Fruit inspired bakes:
1. Making a welcome return to the Bake of the Week gang is Julie from Julie’s Family Kitchen with her Blueberry, Lemon & Coconut Loaf Cake.
2. Making the most of over ripe bananas is Mummy Mishaps with her Banana, Raspberry & White Chocolate Loaf Cake
3. Searching for Spice shares her Lemon & Raspberry Chia Muffins – These look so light and fresh, the weather has been so muggy here that these would go down brilliantly for afternoon tea.
4. Zesty and delicious Orange Curd Cake from Winnie’s Blog
5. Everyone has their own sworn by method of getting the best scones, Baked to Imperfection shares her this week.
6. Winnie’s Brioche looks completely professional – Perfect for breakfast
7. Totally comfort food from Allotment to Kitchen with her Sea Shepherd’s Pie
8. Only crumbs Remain shares a real show stopper this week with her Neapolitan Cheesecake – WOW!
Its only a short #BakeoftheWeek linky this week as Sarah will be back with her roundup on Tuesday over at Maison Cupcake. Lets see how many entries we can amass in the next 3-4 days?!
Please link to both myself (https://casacostello.com) and Sarah (http://MaisonCupcake.com) and add the badge below to your post. We will comment on each entry, tweet, pin, Stumble and link to each in the following roundup.
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>