I don’t often blog about Brownies – They feel like a bit of cheat as they are so easy. Brownies are definitely my go to bake if I need something sweet in a rush. And Oh My! these are delicious!
I’ve given approximate guidelines for the Dulce de Leche and Marshmallows but go for your life, sprinkle liberally. Who is to know?
My tips for perfecting brownies are:
* Baking Parchment – Never Greaseproof paper, you’ll be picking it off the brownies for weeks.
* Silicone Tin – No idea why, it just works.
* Take them out of the oven 2 minutes before you think they are done.
In honour of my Brownies, I have also featured another Brownie recipe for this week’s Featured Bake – The lovely blog, Petite Raisin has shared with us her Flourless Black Bean Brownies – Fudginessa and Chocolate Chips – What more could we ask for?
1. Making Victoria Sponge interesting with Lemon Ripple – can almost feel the tang from here from Baking in Pyjamas
2. A Girl and Her Home has made the most perfect Carrot Cake complete with Vanilla Bean Frosting
3. And another perfect Carrot Cake with Neilsen Massey Vanilla Bean Frosting – Definitely a week for carrots! Domestic Gothess
4. I defy you not to gasp when you see Domestic Gothess’ Cookie Dough Chocolate Brownie Layer Cake
5. Useful for birthday parties, an Easy Thomas Cake from Modern Family Bakes
6. Finding another use for that cornmeal I need to use up is The Little Italian Kitchen with her Sbrisolona Crumble Cake
7. Hay Cakes has made a stunning Double Chocolate Cake with brilliant decorations
8. Classic but beautiful combination of Chocolate and Strawberries in Domestic Gothess’ Tart
9. Baking Queen, your flavour combinations are awesome! Marzipan & Pistachio Cardomom Buns
10. Simple yet stunning Coconut decoration on this Coconut Layer Cake from Baking in Pyjamas
11. Truly beautiful Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies from Petite Raisin
12. I’m loving the name Brookies this week – So Creative from The Not SO Creative Cook
13. I’m wishing we had some of The Not SO Creative Cook’s Mini Challah Rolls for tomorrow’s picnic!
14. Adorable Mini Cheesecakes with the shiniest Blueberry Compote from The Dream Baker
15. Wow to the Nutella Souffle that is designed to catch a blob of Ice Cream in the middle – The Not SO Creative Cook
16. There is not a kid in the land that wouldn’t want a try of these cute green sugar cookie bars from Baking in Pyjamas
17. This lady has a talent – making Butternut Squash pretty with her Butternut Squash Muffins – ET Speaks From Home
Its back to school next week so normal service should be resumed with the roundup posted on Tuesday – Don’t forget there’s no theme, all welcome if they are baked in an oven or slow cooker. Please try to comment on at least one other entry to share the love.
Thanks once again for all your entries and for being such a brilliant part of the #Bakeoftheweek family – Really appreciate it!
If you are wondering where #FoodieFriday is – I’m hoping to be back next week with a full roundup – #FoodieFriday will be incorporated into a new weekend linky where we look at what you have been cooking, where you have been, what you have been reading and what you have been crafting over the past week – I really want to celebrate my love of all things craft, reading and cooking, so watch this space!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>