I’ve got news for you. Real men do eat quiche! This is the quiche that finally got Mr C eating a quiche and declaring it ‘Niiiice’! Hurrah, at last. It also turns out that Baby T also loves quiche – firmly polishing off both her sisters’ slices that they turned their noses up at. Oh well, their loss.
I don’t know about you, but after Easter weekend I need a breather from baking cakes and sweet stuff. We are wading through the chocolate steadily but the last thing we need is more cake. I like a good quiche but don’t often bake one as up until now it has only been me eating them.
I’m super happy with the pastry too – very light and crumbly and no soggy bottom. This is definitely not a recipe for the dieters – a whole tub of double cream, bacon and cheese but served with a crisp salad, you needn’t feel too guilty. There’s no guilt allowed around food at the Costellos!
I thought I’d go the whole hog and have a savoury featured post too for this week – I’m sharing Snap Happy Bakes’ Lasagne. I too have the same thoughts about losing my cookery skills whenever it is anyone new over for dinner! This make-the-day-before lasagne looks just the thing to easy the worry.
I couldn’t resist mentioning 2 featured posts this week though – This Jewel Box Cake from Jibber Jabber has stuck in my mind all week = Brilliant and so easy to achieve with glace cherries
For this week’s roundup I have separated the bakes into Individual Portioned Bakes and Large Bakes:
1. There’s beautiful Coconut Easter Eggs and exciting cookbook news over at The Lass In The Apron
2. How luxurious do these Caramel Kiss Brownies from Foodie Quine look – so dark and tempting!
3. Super cute and colourful Smarties Cookies from Giraffes can Bake
4. Discussing things that make us smile and especially these Best Chocolate Chip Cupcakes from The Not SO Creative Cook
5. Traditional Peanut Pancakes aka Apam Balik from ET Speaks From Home – I love how Bake of the Week helps me learn about different cultures and their foods
6. Making good use of potato flour and producing marvellous Gluten Free Blondies this week is Winnie’s Blog
7. Celebrating luxurious weekend cooking and long showers with lemon madeleine cookies is Petite Raisin – Welcome to the gang!
8. Being ever so creative with her Homemade Pop Tarts is Mummy Whiskers
9. Finally, a wonderful recipe for non mixed peel Hot Cross Buns! The GF Alchemist is on my favourites list!
10. Just because it is free from dairy, gluten, eggs, nuts doesn’t mean you do without yumminess – Banoffee Cheesecake from Free From Farmhouse
11. Utterly cute and easy to achieve, Mickey Mouse Cupcakes from Modern Family Baking
12. Combining coffee & butterscotch to create these tasty looking cupcakes is Mummy Mishaps
13. I’m going to let Modern Family Baking off with a non baked item this week as they are so cute! Fruit Pops that would make perfect decoration for any party table
14. Domestic Gothess is keeping it simple this week with her impressive Double Chocolate & Almond Cookies
15. I hardly ever bake using Saffron – These Glazed Saffron Buns from Jens Food have convinced me to change that straightaway. Just stunning.
16. Mixing Mango with Banana Bread to make a wonderfully interesting bake full of energy – I can see me making this for the athlete in the family – Giraffes Can Bake
17. No shortcuts from Domestic Gothess with her Pear & Ginger Tarte Tatin – Tarte Tatins are definitely a favourite on this year’s Masterchef which I am sooo hooked on!
18. Moist and full of whole grain goodness is Baking Queen 74’s Slow Cooker Apricot Spelt Loaf
19. Chocolate is not compulsory at Mummy Whiskers over Easter – they celebrated with a fabulous Cherry Bakewell Cake
20. Multicultural Motherhood is teaching us about a Turkish Breakfast Dish with her Cheese Borek this week
21. Delightful Eccles Cake from Naking in Pyjamas – lovely bake
22. How luxurious is this Kahlua Drenched Espresso Cake? Super rich from Baking in Pyjamas
23. Perfect for kiddies and adults alike – Mini Egg Chocolate Covered Blondies from Baking Queen 74
24. Why not start every day with a serving of freshly made Fruit Bread Crown? Baking Queen 74
25. Easter weekend may be over but its definitely not too late to make an Easter Simnel Tea Loaf courtesy of Hijacked by Twins
26. A stunning GF Chocolate Swiss Roll from Winnie’s Blog
27. Celebrating important 6th birthdays this week is Alida from My Little Italian Kitchen with her delicious Hazelnut & Chocolate Birthday Cake
28. Rich Vanilla Bean Buttercream completes this Victoria Sponge from Baking in Pyjamas
29. For a first Easter Simnel cake this is pretty impressive from Searching for Spice – Traditional and beautiful
30. Subtle beautiful colours in Jaisee Mummy’s Spring Pastel Cake
Link now open for next week’s Bake of the Week – I’m hoping to be posting the round up on Tuesday/Wed as usual – Easter holidays could mean anything though! As usual please add the badge to your post to be included in the roundup and no more than 3 bakes per blog please.
I’m steadily catching up on all the sharing – thanks for bearing with me. Everything is shared on Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ as well as being commented on.
There’s no theme so feel free to join in if your post has been anywhere near a slow cooker or oven – All bakes allowed!
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>