Well doesn’t this recipe just scream LEFTOVERS?? And you would be right, My sister arrived yesterday with a turkey bought from Teseco – It should have been £32 but was reduced to £4.95. She obviously couldn’t leave it there for that price? So turkey dinner it was for us today but we still had some turkey leftover.
We’ve had visitors every day this week and that meant a lot of time in the kitchen (mainly washing up for me than cooking) but I didn’t want to start slaving over a stove making a traditional risotto. I thought today was the perfect day to try oven-baked risotto and it was so easy.
The mixture admittedly didn’t look that appealing before it was cooked but everyone soon ate their words afterwards – even one of my sisters, who describes chestnuts as rubber nuts!
Turkey, Chestnut, Bacon & Prosecco Oven-Baked Risotto
- 250 g Risotto Rice - I used Arborio
- 100 g Vacuum Packed Chestnuts
- 100 g Leftover Cooked Turkey
- 6 rashers Smoked Bacon
- 500 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 champagne flute prosecco or a good glug!
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Chop the turkey and the chestnuts into small chunks - About 1cm pieces
- Fry the bacon in a small pan until just cooked
- Pour the risotto rice into a medium sized oven dish - This meal doesn't grow too much during cooking so it doesn't have to be too big.
- Pour over the vegetable stock and add the bacon, chestnut and turkey.
- Pour over a glass of Prosecco (or white wine will do)
- Season with S & P
- Cover loosely with tinfoil and cook for 20 mins
- Remove the tin foil and cook again for a further 10-15 minutes until the consistency is how you like it. We had our quite dry and it was for more nibbling.