I’m so pleased with this recipe – Completely made up of course, but pleased nonetheless. I’ve been demolishing Tesco’s Sweet Chilli Oat Biscuits for a while and its been bugging me that I’m paying for such a small packet (There’s only about 10 biscuits/crackers in the box). I’m always up for a culinary challenge so have come up with my own version. Mr C highly recommends these – He liked them on their own but certifies them as ‘gorgeous’ with lashings of Soft Cheese on them.
If you like them really spicy you can add an extra 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper or even sprinkle some on top of the soft cheese – The fresh chilli was enough for us though. These definitely have a kick!
What a fantastic week for Bake of the Week last week, great to see so many people enthused by the Great British Bake Off. I had a really hard job picking my featured Bake but I kept coming back to one – Lemon Drizzle Croissants from Patisserie Makes Perfect – Just lovely and I suspect the tang of lemon adds something wonderful to croissants. These are high on my list of bakes to make!
As usual we had tons of other wonderful bakes shared with us – There must have been some delicious smelling houses around last week!
I’m starting the the unusual bakes – I love the internet for encouraging us to come up with unusual taste combinations.
1. Cider Punch Drizzle Loaf Cakes – I cannot wait to give these a go. Love baking with beer and cider.
2. Swiss Roll SnowSkin Moon Cakes – I’ve threatened Eileen that I’m going with her next time she goes to Singapore to try some of these.
3. How amazing is this Almond Milk Dessert from Alida at My Little Italian Kitchen?
4. I love the unusual title of Marie’s Cut & Come Again Cake from The English Kitchen.
There were also plenty of chocolate bakes around …
5. They may be retro but I’ll always love Black Forest and these BF Cherry Friands are perfect for lunch boxes
6 & 7 We’ve had a twice this week! I don’t think its ever happened before but thanks to the GBBO we have 2 Chocolate Orange Custard Tarts from Emma at The Mini Mes and Me & Jenny at Mummy Mishaps. Great minds think alike eh? ladies?
8. Many Happy Returns to Janice at Farmers Girl – To celebrate she had Chocolate Banana Nut Cake
And some fruit and veg featured this week too ..
9. We just don’t hear enough about Blondies for my liking – I’m tempted by Corina’s Raspberry Blondies from Searching for Spice
10. Marianne at Mari’s World gor arty with her delicious looking apricot crostada
11. These Banoffee Buns from Kirsty at Hijacked by Twins are very cute!
12. And finally one that is definitely on my ‘To Bake’ list, Hayley from Hay in a Day shared her Chicken, Mushroom & Thyme Tart
Thanks again for everyone who is doing such a brilliant job of sharing Bake of the Week and visiting other entries – I’m loving our ever growing team!
Link now open for next week’s – I’m definitely going to round up next Tuesday so the link will close first thing Tuesday morning. Here’s the badge to include in your post…
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
As usual I’ll share your bakes all around the net … tweeting, commenting, pinning and google+ing … and pretty much anywhere else that takes my fancy!