I call these scones but really I suspect they are a mixture of scone and biscuit because of how I cook them. They are twice cooked because I love the proper crunch of the exterior and the softness of the inside. I use double cream because when I first made them, it needed using up but if you are trying to be slightly healthier, warm milk will do just as well.
This is an adaptation of my Scones with Jam & Cream recipe – another Baking With No Eggs recipe.
My feature Bake for this week was one that should have had my name on it! I will be most disappointed if I don’t get baked one of these for my birthday in August! Jen from Blue Kitchen Bakes describes the perfection that is Elderflower Gin Cake – Oh my goodness, there are 10 shots of gin in this bake!
Last week’s entries were as fabulous as ever – We had an equal mix of individual portion bakes and larger cakes …
1. Easy Recipe Banana Crumble from ET Speaks From Home – The presentation of these is just wonderful. I’d be so pleased to be served one!
2. I reckon these Chocolate and Ginger Cookies by Julie’s Family Kitchen would be perfect on one of the many summer picnics that we are having lately.
3. Love the idea of the combination of chocolate, lime and courgette in these beautiful cupcakes from Kirsty at Hijacked by Twins
4. You don’t much more iconic than a 99 in summer – Hayley from Hay in a Day has shared her 99 Flake Cupcakes. Fab!
5. Celebrating the imminent arrival of the GBBO is Jenny from Mummy Mishaps with her Chocolate & Orange Jam Jaffa Cake – Don’t forget to join in with her #GBBO linky!
6. How cute is this Duck Pond Cake? All made with the arrival of the next series of #GBBO in mind (I’m so excited!) from Searching For Spice
7. Another Courgette spectacular (I really must bake more with courgette!) in this Chocolate Cake from Cutlery & Catering
8. You can almost get your 5 a day when eating this Redcurrant & Orange Loaf from Baking Queen
9. For those posh people amongst us! We have Earl Grey Tea Loaf from Lancashire Food
The linky is now open for our new Bakes of the Week – Please add the badge to your post and lets spread the word!
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
This is my last Bake of the Week for a while – I have a lovely crew of fellow Bakees who have kindly volunteered to host from next week while I am
sunny myself with a cocktail running around the beach after the kids:
Tues 12th Aug: Kirsty from Hijacked By Twins
Tues 19th August (MY birthday!): Hayley From Hay in a Day
Tues 26th Aug: Lindsey from Lancashire Food
Massive thank you to these 3 amazing ladies for keeping our Bake of the Week going! Really appreciate it x
I’m joining in as usual with a few other links this week – A Mummy Too’s Recipe of the Week, Vicki from Honest Mum’s Tasty Tuesdays and Lucy from Supergoldenbakes’ Cook, Blog, ShareTea Time Treats as hosted by Lavender & Lovage and The Hedgecombers – Their theme this month is Picnics – What better than a scone eaten outside with a flask?