I’ve never been a huge billowy bread fan but I adore flat breads and thin doughs that are designed to show off their fillings. These Homemade Pitta Bread Pockets are just amazing. When I made them for the first time, I wasn’t expecting them to be such a huge hit. The kids were begging for more which is possibly the only downside to this recipe – They will disappear quickly. Of course, the option is always to bake a double batch and freeze some if you won’t use it all.
This is a recipe that has taken quite a while to perfect – Over the years, I’ve attempted pittas a few times but have never been completely happy with the end result. Until now.
The magic is definitely when the pitta starts to rise in the oven. There is always that momentary element of panic that perhaps it won’t actually happen but there it is.
Bake of the Week
Great to be back with Bake of the Week again – Thanks as ever to Jenny from Mummy Mishaps for co-hosting last week. I’m expecting an influx of Christmas and festive recipes to start appearing shortly. Have you made your Christmas Cake yet? Will you bother? I’m only just getting around to soaking my fruit on Sunday this week but still plenty of time!
My featured Bake of the Week comes from Tin & Thyme with this luscious sounding Earl Grey Fruit Cake complete with Orange Icing. The original recipe comes from a fellow blogger and friend, Karen from Lavender and Lovage who is celebrating the publication of her much awaited cookbook.
Thanks to our other entries too this week – Such a wonderful variety of entries:
1. Just love the decoration and how fine these Gingerbread Cookies from Recipes Made Easy are.
2. I was first drawn to Jenny’s blog by how creative her recipes are – These Banana Custard cream Blondies are a perfect example – I would love 10 minutes inside her head!
3. Great to see a savoury entry for Bake of the Week too – This Cornish pasties from Cookstyle are perfect comfort food.
Please link to both me (https://casacostello.com) and Jenny (http://mummymishaps.co.uk) in your post. Up to 3 posts per week, per blog are allowed. Please also add the badge below to share the #BakeoftheWeek love.
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Where else can I find #BakeoftheWeek?
- Join our Facebook #BakeoftheWeek group here
- Follow our Pinterest #BakeoftheWeek board
- Tag us on Instagram with the hashtag #BakeoftheWeek @CasaCostellofood & @JennyPaulin