Easy Peasy Homemade Pizza Dough
- 350 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 25 g butter I have used liquid and solid and both work brilliantly
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- sachet dried yeast powder
- 200 ml luke warm water
- Optional: Sprinkles of chilli flakes for spicy dough 1-2 tsp mixed herbs for herby dough
- Preheat oven onto 180C
- Weigh out flour, salt and sugar into a large bowl.
- Mix in the butter.
- Add the yeast and the oil and mix together.
- Add the luke warm water and mix until a dough.
- Knead for approx 5 minutes or put in a food mixer with a dough hook for around 2-3 minutes.
- Cut into 4 dough balls. Cover your hands with oil and cover the balls.
- Leave in the fridge for 20 minutes +.
- After chilling, roll out one ball thinly on a floured surface and put on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. - I like mine really thin so it goes a long way.
- I'm a cheat so I used ready made pizza topping and grated cheese and let the girls decide which toppings. I'm favouring spicy cheese with ham and chopped mushrooms at the moment.
- Cook for 18 minutes (maybe less if you like your dough really thin).
- Sprinkle with pepper and enjoy!
Great to get the kids cooking. Amazingly all 3 of mine devour these whereas we have always previously struggled with pizzas.