These beauties came about after a friend was telling me about some amazing Cheese & Black Pepper Bread she had bought. I couldn’t resist having a go but when it came to the point of adding the pepper, I remembered some pretty pink peppercorns I brought home from France. Obviously, it goes without saying that any colour peppercorns will work just as well!
The recipe listed is for 8 Dinner Rolls – Please take my advice & make double – They will disappear in a flash.
It has been so difficult to choose a featured bake from last week’s Bake of the Week entries but this Triple Chocolate Tart with Mango from Only Crumbs Remain just really appealed to me. Pastry still scares me a little if I’m honest – I think its now my weakest baking area, after conquering yeast. I love the extra decorations – so delicate and inviting. Well done!
So many lovely entries again last week – I’ve separated the bakes into Fruit Bakes and Non-Fruit Bakes this week:
Having huge technical difficulties with numbering pictures this week so apologies if its a little difficult to work out which bake is which.
We have 7 Fruit & Veg Bakes:
- Alida from My Little Italian Kitchen provided this moist Carrot Cake complete with pistachios.
- Totally perfect for snuggling up on wet & windy afternoon, these Apple & Blackberry Cream Turnovers from Giraffes Can Bake.
- Healthy yet tempting Apple Flapjacks with the extra bonus of Chia Seeds from Jenny at Mummy Mishaps.
- Using up a stash of pears and tempting us with talk of blackberry gin is Domestic Gothess with her Dark Chocolate, Pear & Hazelnut Cake.
- Amazing colours in these Beetroot & Vanilla Cupcakes from Snack to the Future.
- There’s no such thing as a boring cake from De Tout Coeur Limousin – Spicy Carrot Cake with marmalade Frosting.
- And an ultra pretty carrot cake with cream cheese frosting from PoPourri Saswati.
And 7 Bakes in the other category:
- Absolutely love this transfer/stencil on Winnie’s Chocolate Cookie Cake
- Luxurious beauty from ET Speaks From Home’s Coffee & Mascarpone Cupcakes.
- Blimey these Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuffed French Toasts are original – Giraffes Can Bake
- Love the story behind ET Speaks From Home’s Traditional Piglet Mooncakes and they are super cute too!
- Ooh Domestic Gothess, I don’t think I could stop at one Chocolate Dipped Lime Shortbread Biscuits.
- Cannot resist a pretty loaf and Winnie’s Honey Challah is gorgeous!
- Just look at the shine on Baking Queen 74’s Very Chocolatey Tart!
Thanks so much everyone for continuing to join in – There’s been so much sharing of the Bakes of the Week entries that I hope you are seeing more traffic and engagement in your posts.
The link is open until Monday 19th October – up to 3 entries per baker and no theme as usual. I will continue to share on Twitter, Pinterest, Yummly, Google+ & comment.