Award winning I tell you! Well, almost – I came second at our WI Craft Night. These biscuits were a miracle that they came to exist at all. I needed to be there by 6.30 but only got home at 5.15 … and still managed to make them, decorate them, cook the girls’ tea and get ready. A one woman mission with a lot of help from Miss M.
The brief was Sandwich Biscuits which filled me with all sorts of possibilities but I had bought a huge bag of limes that morning, so Lemon & Lime it was! I didn’t want to chicken out on the decorating and actually really like the semi-circles with basic piped icing (Its supposed to look like sliced limes, in case you can’t tell!)
It was so difficult to choose a featured bake this week but I just about managed. I’ve gone for Firsty from Hijacked by Twins for her Earl Grey Cake. She has even managed to make tea bags looks decorative with her presentation! I’ve never tasted Earl Grey cake (that I can remember anyway) so definitely one on the list to try!
The good news is that I am ‘almost’ caught up from my hols so will be able to plug Bake of the Week a lot more from now on. Great that we are still playing along and attracting new members – even in the midst of GBBO mayhem! I’m finding myself craving savoury food a bit at the moment due to all the sugar, are you?
1. Kiwi Cupcakes – Lancashire Food – I haven’t had Kiwi in yonks, these cakes have made me determined to try them on the kids!
2. Doesn’t this Chocolate Savarin from Baking Queen 74 look so rich and luxurious? One for those winter nights I reckon!
3. A very warm welcome to our newest member, I’d Rather Bake Than – I saw her Sprinkle Dipped Viennese Fingers online this week and just hoped she would join in!
4. My Little Italian Kitchen describes the combination of chocolate & pear as ‘timeless’ – I think I agree. She has produced a divine looking Chocolate & Pear Cake this week
5. Love the idea of these Blackberry & White Chocolate Volcano Cakes – So seasonal from Chocolate Log Blog
6. A true signal that we are in autumn when we see Apple & Blackberry Crumble appearing from Julie’s Family Kitchen. Just yum!
Thanks again for joining in this week everyone – Our new link is now open! The badge is below if you could add to your post and share the love!
<div align="center"><a href="https://casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="https://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
I’m way for a couple of days next week so the linky will be open until the Wednesday night (will tell you more about it on my return! :-)) The roundup will be up on the Thursday and I’ll continue sharing like mad throughout the week.
Feel free to enter as many bakes as you like – Old baking posts are fine as long as they link up to this week’s post. I share all entries on Twitter, Google+, Comment and link to them all in the weekly roundup. I also pin each entry – Feel free to follow the Bake of the Week Pinterest Board here
I’m linking up to a few other blogs as usual this week – A Mummy Too’s Recipe of the Week, Honest Mum’s Tasty Tuesdays and Supergolden Bakes’ Cook, Blog, ShareAaaand CakeyBoi’s & The Baking Explorer’s Treat Petite