We are currently trying to up Millie’s protein intake due to all her training. Its a case of replenishing what she is using and providing her body with the right ingredients to do what it is supposed to. She is definitely not on a diet and this has nothing to do with her weight.
As such, you may find a few Protein rich meal ideas popping up over here. The battle is to find something that appeals to a 15yo, quick to make and quite often portable. (I do have to admit, she is good with her food and often eats things she doesn’t really fancy but knows she needs the nutrients). This meal of Piri Piri Chicken & Lentil Bake was actually eaten en route to the dentist to have 2 teeth extracted as part of her orthodontist treatment – bet she smelt lovely!
Now I do have a confession to make. When Millie first clapped eyes on this meal, she said it looks like she’s already eaten it. You get the picture… She’s 15. What do they know? Anyhow, after being so offensive about my cooking, she tried some. AND ATE THE BLOODY LOT!! I win at parenting today 🙂
So how can you make Piri Piri Chicken & Lentil Bake: An easy meal that will be dismissed by a teen yet gobbled up?
Bake of the Week
Well, my precious bakers, we haven’t forgotten about you. Summer kind of ran away with us but the break from #BakeoftheWeek has done us some good. I’m feeling all refreshed and raring to share your bakes and try out your recipes. Jenny is tied up with Bake Off stuff (Probably up to her ears in caramel if this week’s episode is anything to go by!) but is still sharing your entries.
I don’t like starting with apologies but I’m polite so I really must say sorry to all the people who last entered #Bakeoftheweek. I have been so slow sharing your bakes.
I have to choose one bake though to be our featured for this week so I have chosen one I am most likely to bake. These Mint & Courgette Flourless Muffins come from a Proper Foodie and also happen to be high in protein. Millie will be pleased!
My first group of entries all contain some form of chocolate. It amazes me every week how many different ways chocolate can be incorporated into baking. Surely one of the most versatile ingredients going?
- I’m totally in favour of cake for breakfast. Especially if it looks as tasty as this Cacao & Courgette Breakfast Cake from The Gluten Free Alchemist.
- How would we manage as a family without an arsenal of traybake recipes? (What is the collective noun for traybakes??) I have a feeling this Cinnamon Chocolate Crunch Traybake shared by Tin & Thyme could become a firm favourite.
- Totally love the styling on these shots from Only Crumbs Remain sharing her Black Forest Gateau Ice Cream Cupcakes. Which reminds me I have to buy some kirsch very soon!
- Happy blogiversary to Foodie Quine who is celebrating 5 years of her blog with this incredible Tunnock’s Teacakes Croquembouche. Case Costello will be 10 early next year – I’d better get planning the celebrations now!
5. I love all things Rainbow and completely love the brightness of Mummy Mishaps’ Skittles Rainbow Cake
6. Cook Style shared her Swan Eclairs – Utterly beautiful. So delicate and uniform.
7. These lemon cupcakes complete with lemon curd filling from The Baking Explorer are just so pretty and brighten up these dull September days.
8. Oats are another good source of protein so we always have plenty in this house. This Blackberry Oat Traybake from Baking Queen 74 is brilliant for using up those seasonal fruits too.
9. Oh wow, how amazing does this Spinach & Strawberry Swiss Roll look. Foodie Quine has been trying out recipes from a fellow friend, Kate’s new book, Veggie Desserts.
So thank you to everyone who joined in. We will be back next Tuesday with a new Roundup. The linky is now open for you to add your bakes. We share widely across Twitter, Pinterest, Stumble Upon, Facebook (when possible) & G+ aswell as linking to each entry in the following week’s roundup and comments. If you get chance, please visit a couple of other entrants and let them know where you found them by leaving #BakeoftheWeek.
Our Bake of the Week Facebook group has just been opened so I would like to invite anyone with an interest in baking to join. We hope to build a real community of like-minded bakers from all areas. You don’t need to be a professional – Newbie questions are totally welcome. We will be a safe place where no question is too basic or advanced. The link to add yourself is below.
If you are entering this week, please add the badge:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>