I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend – What did you all get up to? I’d love to know. We spent a couple of nights over in Leeds (non-swimming related) at one of my sisters. The whole family went over so it was a true family getogether. We walked, we played games, the children played (& fought a bit) and of course, we ate! One of my offerings was this Simple Chocolate Drip Cake – I knew that I wouldn’t have much time to prepare it on Saturday as I was meeting some lovely friends that I haven’t caught up with in such a long time. This is the best chocolate cake recipe when you haven’t got time to mess around but want a moist, delicious cake that can be decorated quickly.
This may not be the neatest Drip cake you will ever see but it took less than 1/2 hour to decorate from the cake still being in the tin. It smelt amazing too – I can vouch for that as I travelled for 1.5 hours with it on my knee!
The recipe I have used for the ganache chocolate drip is from a previous Drip Cake that I made. Super simple with only 2 ingredients.
Unsurprisingly, we had quite a few chocolate entries into our last #BakeoftheWeek. Great to see some non-chocolate and savoury entries too though. Many thanks as usual to Jenny for doing a super job co-hosting.
My featured bake from the last 2 weeks are these magnificent Potato Rosti & Quail’s Eggs Easter Nests from Foodie Quine – So creative and just what I need after a weekend of complete chocolate overload.
- Kinder Egg Brownies from Baking with Granny
- Chocolate Marble CheeseCake from Jo’s Kitchen Larder
- Mini Egg & Marshmallow Crispy Cakes from Mummy Mishaps
- Raspberry & White Chocolate Meringue Kisses from Only Crumbs Remain
5. Perfect for Spring, Pistachio & Lemon Cake from Recipes Made Easy
6. Super Cute Easter Bunny Butt Cupcakes from Only Crumbs Remain
7. Coconut Macaroons from Searching for Spice (Sorry these should technically be in the chocolate section!)
8. Salmon Filo En-Croute from Foodie Quine
9. Rhubarb Streusel Manuka Honey Muffins from Foodie Quine
The link is now open for your new #BakeoftheWeek entries. Up to 3 entries per blog as usual. The badge to add to your post is below. If you could please link to me (http://casacostello.com) and Jenny (http://mummymishaps.co.uk) that would be brilliant. Thank you!
Still catching up on all the entries from over Easter but every single entry will get: a comment, pinned, tweeted, Stumble Upon(ed), Yummly(ed) and linked to in our following week’s RoundUp.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>