My obsession with all things pastry continues! Seriously, I need to start making recipes than are non-pastry but for now simply indulge in these super easy but amazingly tasty Apple & Passion Fruit Puff Pastry Puffs. If you want a healthier version, I suppose the Apple & Passion Fruit Filling could be served on its own with maybe some frozen fat-free yogurt and still be delicious. But where’s the fun in that? You must experience the crunch of the sugar topped pastry (and the flakes that will definitely go down your cleavage!)
Before I share the recipe, I just want to give you a little blogging update. You may have noticed that blog posts and #BakeoftheWeek are sometimes delayed. There’s a good reason for this and hopefully as of today, our problems are hopefully solved. We have had internet problems for almost 2 years now. We have hours of no internet and when we do have it, it is VERY slow – We have been on the phone to BT sometime 4 times per week for 1+ hours trying to solve the problem. There’s nothing about food blogging that is fast but dodgy internet connection has been so frustrating and meant that days can go by before a post is finished. Finally today, BT sent an engineer round who diagnosed a faulty cable and has installed new. Already, I feel re-energised and raring to go. (You may be wondering why we have stuck with BT for so long – we have no option, we live in a cul-de-sac off a cul-de-sac and are tied into a contract)
So back to the food …
There was one recipe that I kept coming back to last week – Hijacked By Twins’ Tunnocks Tea Cake Birthday Cake – Such a simple design but really effective.
Thanks as always to everyone who entered last week’s #BakeoftheWeek – I hope you are seeing some new traffic from the many shares you get from being in this group. I continue to share your bakes across Twitter, Stumble Upon, Yummly & Pinterest aswell as comments. Remember there’s no theme, all oven bakes or slow cooked bakes are welcome.
- I love Baking Queen 74’s version of Churros – Making them her own by adding Pumpkin Spice
- A brilliant selection of Gluten Free Breakfast Pastries from the Gluten Free Alchemist.
- Plum Bakewell Tart – Showing that less icing can be just as lovely is Baking Queen 74
- Cherry & Chocolate Bakewell Tart from Only Crumbs Remain
- Taking a lead from the best, Hijacked by Twins shared her Mary Berry’s Bakewell Tart
- (Picture below) Very tempted by this Elderberry Tart & also the accompanying recipe for Elderberry Jelly with Port! Thanks to Sarah from Tales from the Kitchen Shed.
- Spiced Buttermilk Cakes from De Tout Coeur Limousin
- Combining another 2 of my favourite flavours is Tin & Thyme with her Almond & Apple Cider Cake – never has a cake been more up my street!
- The Baking Explorer with her Midnight Blue Velvet Cake
- Only Crumbs Remain with Beer Cake using Stoodley Stout
- Perfectly seasonal Chocolate & Plum cake from Allotment 2 Kitchen
The linky is now open for next week’s entries – Please feel free to add up to 3 bakes per blog and include the Bake of the Week badge in your post. In honour of my new improved (hopefully) internet, I will leave the link open until Monday 10th October so just over a week to enter. Please visit some of the other entries and let them know you called.
I will be emailing fellow bakers over the next few days to remind you about Bake of the Week, please feel free to let me know if you would like me to leave you alone. Looking forward to the next batch of bakes!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
PIN FOR LATER: