Wow! These are so addictive. I know I say it quite regularly but these could be one of my most favourite Bakes of the Week yet. When I finally get to go on the Great British Bake Off (I can live with it being on Channel 4 and quite frankly I’ll be glad to see the back of Paul Hollywood) this WILL be my signature bake on Pastry week. I know I might not get away with using ready to roll puff pastry as I have done here though!
These take just over 30 minutes from start to finish. They are best eaten straightaway but if you happen to come across a cold one, they are still pretty amazing. We might even have muttered the immortal words about using these as a starter for our Christmas Dinner – and its only September!
Thank you so much to everyone who commented, shared and entered last week’s Bake of the Week. It is great to be back and wonderful that so many people have missed our little baking community. I’m loving how popular baking is at the moment.
It was a super hard decision once again to choose a featured Bake of the Week but one bake really stuck in my mind from the minute I saw it. The Gluten Free Alchemist entered these incredible Sweet Yorkshire Puddings with Vanilla Sautéed Pears, Walnuts & Blackberry Coulis. I think you will agree that it is a stunning picture and shows Yorkshire Puddings in a whole new light.
Unsurprisingly, a lot of our Bake of the Week entries last week were inspired by Batter week on GBBO:
2. Belgian Chocolate Viennese Fingers from Hijacked by Twins
3. Perfect autumn flavours from Hijacked by Twins with her Chocolate, Apple & Cinnamon Couronne
4. Toffee Apple Yorkshire Puddings from Mummy Mishaps. Check out her awesome Great Bloggers Bake Off linky too.
5. Foodie Quine was very on trend with her Spanish Churros
6. Cook Style with Yorkshire Puddings with a Mushroom Filling (pictured below)
7. Chocolate & Pepsi Cupcakes from Only Crumbs Remain
8. Jo’s Kitchen making the best use out of her bread maker with her Fruit Cake recipe
The linky is now open again for entries – Remember there’s no theme and anything oven or slow cooked is welcome. I share each entry on Twitter, Pinterest, Yummly, Stumble Upon & each one is linked to in the weekly RoundUP. Please remember to add the badge to your post to enter – Up to 2 entries per blog per week.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>