I’m super happy to be back in the Costello kitchen. If you have read my post earlier today you will realise why I’ve not been around much. It hasn’t stopped me constantly thinking about and reading about food though, so the good news is, there are tons of recipes coming up!
Some more after-school cookies for this week’s Bake of the Week – Even my jam-hater, Violet loved these cookies. You can experiment with various flavours of jam and even use lemon or lime zest for different effects.
My featured bake from the last Bake of the Week entries is the brilliantly named Christmas Morning Wife Saver – I have such great intentions of relaxed, leisurely breakfasts on Christmas Morning but the reality is we tend to have coffee served with a side helping of wrapping paper and chocolate. Perhaps this ingenious recipe from Made With Pink that can be prepared beforehand will change all that?
1. I just love the simplicity of Sprinkle Cakes and A Strong Coffee’s is one of the prettiest. Don’t be fooled though, they are incredibly messy to make!
2. Perfect for autumn snacks, these Apple & Cinnamon Chunk Muffins from ET Speaks From Home are just divine. Love the muffin cases too.
3. I didn’t think Gingerbread could get any better but Domestic Gothess has gone that step further with her Toffee Apple Gingerbread Loaf.
4. Perfectly mobile and ultra tasty, Hijacked by Twins’ Yorkshire Parkin Buns are ideal for getting through these winter months.
5. A real table showstopper, Peanut Butter Cake from Hijacked by Twins
6. The More Than Occasional Baker has over achieved again with her Banana, Chocolate & Walnut Waffles – these look so rich and filling. Delicious!
We are now open for entries for our next Bake of the Week – as usual there is no theme, anything baked in an oven or slow cooker counts. Sweet, savoury, little, large, novice or professional. Old posts are welcome as long as you include the badge (below). If you tweet your recipes, don’t forget to tag me @CasaCostello and include the hashtag #Bakeoftheweek and I will share like crazy.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>