Sometimes you just want a cake that zings at you – Simple to prepare, but substantial that you can have hearty chunks but yet it is light and crumbly – and oh Wow! How tasty.
Grapefruits are synonymous with holidays for me – I first discovered the joy of eating them outdoors for breakfast in France about 4 years ago and very much look forward to carrying on the tradition this summer. In true holiday preparation mode, I bought a grapefruit earlier in the week and remembered how amazing this cake can be.
There was one recipe that stood out for me as a ‘must try’ from our last entries – These are Tin & Thyme’s Chinese Walnut Cookies – I love the thought of crunchy exterior and soft middles – the addition of walnuts are just my sort of thing. They are really small cookies too, so there is plenty of excuse for more than one! They use buckwheat flour which happily I have sitting waiting to use in the baking cupboard.
Lets have a chocolate roundup – I’m off to France, where we will no doubt be consuming tons of the stuff!
1. Wonderful healthy & GF chickpea brownies from Lancashire Food – Lyndsey assures us we won’t even notice the chickpeas
2. These GF Chocolate Slices from the Free From Fairy do look truly decadent and contain just 6 ingredients
3. Another bakers that is rather fond of swiss rolls is Winnie who shares with us her Banana Swiss Roll with Chocolate Cheese Filling
4. A No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake from Et Speaks from Home – With interchangeable biscuit base depending on how sweet your tooth is
5. A beautiful Nutella Croissant Pudding and an incredible sad tale of broken baking dishes from the Not so Creative Cook
We are going through so many berries at the moment – the girls can munch their way through punnets without even noticing – Some great berry recipes included in this week’s entries:
6. How amazing does this Mixed Berry Charlotte Russe look from Domestic Gothess – That Bavarian Cream looks heavenly!
7. Freshly back from her own holiday, Petite Raisin has created a speedy Peach & Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cake
8. A warm welcome to the Bake of the Week gang to Living Life who joins us with her Fruity Olive Oil Cake – Good to have you with us!
9. Wimbledon Cupcake with a delicate rose flavour from ET Speaks From Home – I’m sad Wimbledon is over for another year, did you love it?
10. There are few things in life as good as Homemade Strawberry Tarts – well worth making your own pastry and custard – Tales from The Kitchen Shed has shared her very beautifully arranged ones
11. Perfect dessert for after Sunday lunch from Baking Queen 74 with her Blackberry & Rose Crumble – Mouth wateringly good!
I think this week is one of the most creative we’ve ever had – there’s so many ingredients that are all too forgotten when baking:
12. Enjoy the joy of quiche without the guilt of too much pastry with Hijacked by Twins and her Crustless Quiche – Full of veg and taste!
13. Perfect party food from My Little Italian Kitchen with her Olive & Pepper Focaccia
14. Totally melt in the mouth Butter Shortbread Cookies from Winnie’s Blog – Too pretty!
15. A very exciting week as I’d Much Rather Bake Than finally gets her own kitchen – I would adore some of her Cheese & Marmite Muffins – Are you a lover or a hater?
16. Another perfect Picnic Snack from A Free From Life with her Courgette & Chive Tartlets – This post is jam packed full of ideas!
17. Campfire Salmon that is proving popular over on Pinterest from Truly Madly Kids – We might very well indulge in this on our hols
Right, I’m off on my hols so I’m leaving #Bakeoftheweek in the capable hands of 2 lovely blogging friends for the next few weeks – Here’s the timetable:
This linky will remain open until Mon 27th July
Tues 28th July – Head on over to Lucy at Baking Queen 74 – Link will be open for 2 weeks
Tues 11 July – Jen at Jen’s Food will take over until Tues 18th August
Thanks so much ladies for taking over – Please support your hosts by sharing their posts
Plea: If you could remember to add the badge to your posts, I would be ever so grateful – I know that life comes first though and it is easy to forget! Its the only way we will build the #Bakeoftheweek gang and gets your posts shared everywhere!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>