It feels like AGES since the last #Bakeoftheweek – As suspected, half term was crazy busy with Millie’s England swimming training. This week is all about Violet – My lovely, kind, crazy, extreme, beautiful girl is now a very grown up 9! How did those years disappear so quickly? The baby that arrived in less than 1.5 hours has turned into a stunning young lady that makes us so proud and makes us tear our hair out in equal measures.
I couldn’t share this week’s #Bakeoftheweek before the birthday girl had seen her own cake, could I? She had a full on day, plenty of sweets after school, a special pick up by her cousin, followed by the opening night of Wicked at The Lowry. Violet is amazing to go to a show with – she gets completely stuck in, laughing heartily and clapping like mad. Love it!
And so back to the cake. A rich chocolate cake with melted dark chocolate (use milk chocolate if you like – totally not precious here!) I split the mixture into 2 cake tins and then sliced them in half making a 4 tier cake. Filled in with plenty of white chocolate frosting and completely covered in approximately 34 Kit Kat fingers, One bag of Aero Mint Balls, One bag of Maltesers and One bag of White Chocolate Buttons. I MAY have bought some spare chocolate packs just to make sure we had enough – I’m sure you understand!
So many wonderful bakes once again for this week’s #Bakeoftheweek – I have to give a special mention to Eileen from ET Speaks From Home with Princess Castle Cake – I know that this will have taken forever and she has done such a great job. Lucky little girl!
I also want to mention Herbs, Spices & Tradition with Feta, Pepper & Courgette Filo Pie – I love that this is entered into #Bakeoftheweek – completely the spirit of the linky that anything baked is valid …and I don’t eat enough Asparagus, so thanks for the reminder!
For the first time ever, we have enough Cheese related entries to have their own section! So I present to you the Cheesy Bites …
We move on now to the individual portions – For people like me that just don’t find it easy to share!
4. Hijacked by Twins with Chocolate & Cashew Buckwheat Cookies
5. Paul’s Food World – Cacao & coconut seedy bliss balls
6. Julie’s Family Kitchen with Mexican Veggie Burgers
7. Kidgredients withHomemade Char Siu Buns
8. Snap Happy Bakes with Caramelised Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatin
9. The Dream Baker with White Chocolate & Strawberry Cookies
10. Misplaced Brit with Caramelised Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatin
11. Nic Bakes with White Chocolate & Strawberry Cookies
12. Lemon & Lime Thyme with White Chocolate, Passion Fruit & Coconut Layer Cake
13. Winnie’s Blog with Moist rich chocolate Pie
And the more substantial bakes – Perfect for showpieces!
14. Domestic Gothess with No Bake Chocolate Tarts
15. My Little Italian Kitchen with Strawberry Crumble Recipe
16. ET Speaks From Home with Chocolate Mint Cake
17. My Little Italian Kitchen with Choco Aztex Spiced Tea Cake with Blackberry Cream
18. Hijacked by Twins with Chocolate Mint Cake
19. Mummy Mishaps with Zebra Striped Vanilla & Chocolate Cake
20. Truly Madly Kids with Pistachio Pavlova with Strawberry& Rhubarb Cream
21. Baking Queen with Chocolate Mousse Cake on Hazelnut Crust
22. Petite Raisin with Pistachio Pavlova with Strawberry& Rhubarb Cream
23. Winnie’s Blog with Chocolate Mousse Cake on Hazelnut Crust
Thanks so much once again for your entries into Bake of the Week – Hopefully next week’s #Bakeoftheweek will be bang on time next Tues/Wed! There’s no theme so get spreading the word when you see someone baking online. Have a great week!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>