Ah my love for anything miniature is making a re-appearance this week. How cute are these mini crackers? Perfect for popping in your mouth whole. Once again they are super easy to make – I’m going to be experimenting with different flavours too – I’m thinking Oregano would go perfectly with tomato toppings and Chilli ones would be great with cream cheese too.
My featured post this week comes from a beautiful blog that I always head to when I want a little escapism – Elizabeth describes herself as possibly Britain’s most northerly blogger – Her post about travelling to BritMums always stays with me. Makes my little trek from St Helens to London seem like a stroll in the park. Anyway, this week Elizabeth has shared a Mediterranean delight also using Olive Oil (flavoured olive oils like the one use in Elizabeth’s recipe would also work with the Mini Crackers), Lemon Rosemary Olive Oil Cake
There are still plenty of chocolate entries around if you are in the mood for chocolate – Let me present to you THE CHOCOLATE COLLECTION …
1. I have never been tempted to bake with Aubergine before but The More Than Occasional Baker has presented such a rich looking Chocolate Aubergine Cake that I think I could give it a try
2. These Chocolate, Cherry & Vanilla Cupcakes from Modern Family Baking are super pretty and all for a good cause too
3. I still stand by my belief that there is no better taste in the world than good marzipan – The Lass in The Apron has made her own delicious Chocolate Covered Homemade Marzipan this week
4. Milo brings back memories of when my sisters loved it when we were young, ET Speaks From Home has been very creative with Milo & baked a fabulous Milo Tirimisu
5. The Gluten Free Alchemist’s daughter has talked her into making Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Brownies with a cute Whipped Peanut Butter Mousse for decoration – Well done that girl!
6. I’d Much Rather Bake Than is super early and organised for next Easter with her Malted Chocolate Easter Naked Cake 😉
7. You can’t beat having a Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe in your collection, ET Speaks From Home has been testing out a new recipe this week, with good results.
I can’t tell you how much I look forward to your entries throughout the week – I love the variety of baking ideas that bloggers have, how flavours are married together and how you present your bakes so beautifully – Here is the VARIOUS COLLECTION …
8. Making the most of rhubarb season with a pretty Rhubarb Buttermilk Cake is Baking Queen
9. More Olive Oil baking with a striking Apple & Olive Oil cake from the lovely Alida at My Little Italian Kitchen
10. Creating a beautiful partnership of Apple, Strawberries and Balsamic with her crumble is Mummy Mishaps this week.
11. A powerful post creating awareness of Coeliac Disease and also sharing colourful Raspberry & Blueberry Muffins – The Gluten Free Alchemist
12. A warm welcome to a new comer to the Bake of the Week gang, Sneaky Veg (Love the blog name!) Mandy joins us with her Carrot & Banana Cupcakes
13. Another herby bake from My Little Italian Kitchen with Rosemary Parmesan Biscuits
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
We are now open for your next entries to Bake of the Week. Please add the badge somewhere in your post to spread the Bake of the Week word. I will be back with a round up next Tues/Wed – Who will be the featured Bake of the Week? As usual, I will be commenting, pinning, Google+ing and Tweeting all your entries. Feel free to invite your other baking blogging friends to join us – the more, the merrier! Up to 3 posts are allowed per week – Please try to visit a couple of other Bake of the Week entrants too.