I have recently fallen in love with homemade biscotti – Not quite as harsh on the teeth as shop bought and so much more versatile – So many flavours match perfectly with this type of dough. I like my chocolate orange to be properly tangy so use the zest of 2 oranges. The chocolate also has to be properly identifiable so I use Extra Dark chocolate but feel free to experiment with how you like it. I’ve had cornmeal in the cupboard for ages and decided to mix this in with the flour – As well as adding a lovely yellowy tinge, it makes the biscotti extra crumbly. I love using ingredients up in my kitchen, with successful results!
Arranging the biscuits for their final bake …
I’m rather well known for my love of Creme Eggs so there was an obvious featured Bake of the Week for me this week – Baking Queen 74’s fantastic Creme Egg Chocolate Ganache Tart – I love that people are being so creative with their use of Creme Egg’s this year. I’ve yet to make some Spring 2015 Creme Eggs Easter figures yet so this Tart has inspired me to get on with them!
1. Making a brilliant job of inserting shapes into French Sable Cookies this week is The Dream Baker – I will have a go at this very soon, I keep promising myself.
2. I’m a massive fan of anything tiny so completely adore these Red Velvet Crinkle Kisses from The Not So Creative Cook.
3. Nova from Cherished By Me tells us these Coconut Chocolate Bars are a cross between a Twix and a Bounty – I’m sold!
4. The lovely Alida from My Little Italian Kitchen has got the biggest, most exciting announcement ever on her blog this week – I’m not going to spoil it for you, pop over to her post to find out what it is!
5. Any mother would be delighted to be presented with such a beautiful Mothers Day Cake Bouquet – ET Speaks From Home
6. I’ve got to try these fabulous Marshmallow Cookies from The Not So Creative Cook – Just love the step by step instructions.
7. I just love the thought of the addition of lavender flowers in this Apple Shortcake with Honey & Cinnamon -This bake from Winnie’s Blog has got just about everything you could ever want!
8. There’s no stopping ET Speaks From Home this week – She’s even found time to make the cutest Mini Monsters!
9. Making a terrific job of her sugarcraft with this Baseball Cakelet is ET Speaks From Home
10. Getting arty with her White Chocolate & Vanilla Choux Buns is Eileen from ET Speaks From Home
11. Experimenting with Coconut Oil this week is Tales from the Kitchen Shed with her Chocolate Peanut Butter Biscuit Bars – Looks like the experiment worked 🙂
12. Beautiful photography and an even more stunning Lime & Coconut Loaf cake is A Girl and Her Home
13. A perfect Honey & Date Syrup Swiss Roll from Winnie’s Blog – The Swiss Roll may just be the most versatile cake ever!
I have had the loveliest message today from one of our Bake of the Week contributors that they have nominated me for a Brilliant in Blogging award – What a lovely thing to do. I’m so chuffed. Details of the awards are here if you want to take part – Any nominations would be lovely but totally not expected. I was so pleased to be there at the awards last year and am even more pleased that someone has thought of me this year. Good luck to everyone!
Thank you as always to everyone who has taken part in Bake of the Week – I really appreciate it. I will continue to mention each entry and link back to you as long as possible – Takes forever but feel it is only right if you have taken the time to enter. Please also add the Bake of the Week badge to your post and if you have time, comment on a couple of other entries.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Joining in with A Simple Pantry for their Create & Share party I’m also joining in with this month’s CreditCrunchMunch because I’m finally using up that bag of cornmeal! Pop over to these lovely people to see who else is entering: Jo’s Kitchen, FabFoodForAll, Fuss Free Flavours and also Domesblissity Thriving on Thursdays