Its #BramleyAppleWeek so as part of my plan to be more seasonal during 2015, I have an apple recipe this week. I like my cupcakes to have something different about them these days – I think I overdosed on frosting during my days of charity events when I used to bake up to 500 cupcakes (and eat a few too!)
The apple pie mixture is rich, cinnamony and heavenly – There’s plenty left over as I make a huge batch. I will be making apple turnovers later today to carry on the apple theme.
I use a mixture of Bramley Apples and Granny Smiths but this mixture works well with any type of tangy, strong apples – Save your Golden Delicious for feeding horses!
My featured recipe from last week’s Bake of the Week entries is this beautiful Chocolate Cake with a Strawberry Mousse Heart – Perfect for every day, not just Valentine’s Day. Just look at those colours! This was the entry from the lovely Winnie’s Blog which I spend so much time reading.
1. Some more beautiful colours from Domestic Gothess with her Mini Chocolate Raspberry Cakes for 2 – How romantic?!
2. Amazing decoration, again from the Domestic Gothess with her Hazelnut & Chocolate Layer Cake
3. For those good people who are still being healthy well into the New Year, Tales from the Kitchen Shed has shared her Mini Sugar Free Cheesecakes
4. Eileen from Et Speaks From Home has more than perfected her macarons – These Strawberry Macarons are just lovely
5. Plenty of chocolate around this week and Hey Cakes! doesn’t disappoint with her Chocolate Chip Cake
6. Another spectacular from Winnie’s Blog with her gorgeous Peanut Butter & Honey Cake
7. Perfect with a good book and a hot cuppa are Baking Queen 74’s Caramel Scones
8. Just look at the fantastic colour of those nectarines in Kirsty from Hijacked by Twins’ Nectarine Coconut Cake – I’m very tempted to bake this one, this week.
9. Using up her Whisky Marmalade (its a hard job but someone’s got to do it!) is the Lass in the Apron with her Oat Pecan Marmalade Muffins
Thanks as usual for all the entries – Normal rules apply for this week, all bakes are allowed, no theme. Savoury, sweet, mini, large, unusual, disasters – they don’t have to include a recipe – if you’ve just been talking about baking, feel free to join in and add the badge below: The linky will close next Tuesday and the roundup and a new Bake of the Week will be posted next Wednesday
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Linking up with the following: Wednesday Whatsits