Sometimes you should just accept that things are not going to go your way – The first 2 times of making these Apple, Date & Cinnamon Flapjacks was one of these times – I came down with a rotten cold on Sunday evening but tried to ignore it. Not feeling quite right, I thought I would opt for an easy Bake of the Week – Especially as last week’s was a bit time-consuming (but delicious)
1st attempt – Burnt the apple
2nd attempt – Forgot to add the syrup (quite difficult to bake flapjack without!)
3rd attempt – Burnt the 2nd layer of oats
4th – PERFECT!
Please don’t be put off – any normal person without copious amounts of snot would find these super easy and quick to make. They are so moist and chewy – perfect for kids with the hidden fruit too. I’m thinking this might be the last of the bumper crop of apple recipes this year.
The featured bake for this week is Franglais Kitchen’s wonderful Fig & Blackberry Crumble – Perfect as the weather has turned really wintery this week and we seem to be craving more and more comfort food.
1. Mini Egg Tarts are the latest amazing creation from Et Speaks From Home – Eileen has had her own disasters this week too. Nice to know I’m in good company.
2. More Apple and Cinnamon featured over at Feeding Boys and a Firefighter with her Toffee Apple Cupcakes – These look just up my street!
3. Love the staging on Alida’s Chocolate Biscuits – They look so tempting.
4. I love hearing about how Laura from I’d Much Rather Bake Than comes up with her baking inspiration – This week it was Chocolate Chip Iced Latte Crumble Muffins
5. Perfect for making me feel more human and still cake! Super healthy carrot cake muffins from The Free From Fairy
6. I look forward to tasting the combination of these 3 flavours in Franglais Kitchen’s Coconut, Raspberry & Blueberry Cake
7. Tell me you counted the layers too! How amazing is this Schichttorte from Kirsty at Hijacked by Twins? Just incredible.
The link is now open for you to add your Bakes of the Week – I’m planning a big week of sharing, publicising and visiting all the baking going on around the internet! All entries are tweeted, commented, Pinned & shared on Google+. Feel free to follow the #Bakeoftheweek Pinterest Board The code for the badge to add to your post is below:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Taking part this week in a few linkies …A Mummy Too’s Recipe of the Week, Honest Mum’s Brilliant Blog Posts, Supergoldenbakes’s Cook,Blog, Share and finally my co-host, Romanian Mum this week’s #FoodieFridays – Don’t forget to add anything Sweet you blog about – The linky is open until next Friday.