Oh my! This just might be my favourite thing I have ever baked (I’m sure I’ve said that before?!) These Pecan & Maple Brioche Rolls aren’t necessarily the quickest bake ever but they are more than worth it. You do need to do the preparation a couple of nights before to get the brioche dough ready but please don’t be put off. I will admit to thinking on Monday night that these were a bit of a faff and surely they couldn’t be worth it, but they most definitely are!
We were away on Tuesday night at a brilliant hotel (review coming very soon) so I used Monday to make a start on Bake of the Week. I first made Brioche dough about 4 years ago and they were a huge disaster. Since then, I have worked on perfecting my proving techniques (which I’m sure you are all heartily sick of hearing about) so back to Brioche dough it is! They worked perfectly – I can’t remember now what I used to find so hard about dough.
An absolutely incredible week for Bake of the Week – Thanks so much to everyone for getting involved!
My featured Bake of the Week is Baking Queen 74 who quite by chance made Povitica. She had no idea that the GBBO were going to feature Povitica that week either! Lucy didn’t just stop at one Povitica (or Poviticas? Who knows what the plural is?), she made 3 different types in one week! The woman is on a mission! They all look amazing, super job Lucy!
There were 7 bakes this week that incorporated chocolate …
1. Debra from My Little Kitchen seems to love pavlova as much as I do – Who could resist the beautiful colours of this Mixed Berry Pavlova?
2. Ooh Amaretti & Chocolate Crunch Cake – I need a slice of this from The Foodie Couple Blog. I cannot believe anyone has leftover Amaretti biscuits waiting to be used!
3. Emily’s Recipes and Reviews delights me with her White Chocolate & Salted Caramel Eclairs – Match made in Heaven?
4. One for everyone’s repertoire? Paul Food World shares beautiful Chocolate Orange Brownies
5. I will admit to never having heard of a Gianduia cake but it looks delicious from My Little Italian Kitchen – Described as luxurious, nutty and elegant.
6. Patisserie Makes Perfect makes our mouth water again with these Hazelnut, Cranberry & Chocolate Biscotti.
7. White Chocolate & Raspberry Blondies – What a perfect combination of flavours. I bet these were really fresh tasting from Paul’s Food World.
8. Eileen from Et Speaks From Home is excelling herself recently with her beautiful bakes – This week she shares White Lotus Sandwich Cookies which are just stunning.
9. If you are after true efficiency, then look no further than Hayley from Hay in a Day’s Pitta Pizzas
10. Kirsty from Hijacked by Twins has excelled again with her Darjeeling Earl Grey Tea Loaf
11. What fabulous flavour combinations from Feeding Boys and a Fireman with these Banana, Nectarine & Cinnamon Muffins
12. And one of my most favourite taste combinations ever! Apple & Almond tray bake from I’d rather Bake Than
13. So light and fluffy, this American Sour Cream Cake from Food Jam has gone straight onto my To Bake List.
14. Since I made my Muesli Brandy Snaps, I’m really intrigued by using seeds in baking – ET Speaks From Home has done just the same with her Almond & Sunflower Seed Tuiles – Gorgeous!
15. The colour of this Boozy Bramble Cake is just fab from Blue Kitchen Bakes1
16. Pretzels will always remind me of last year’s GBBO! These are just wonderful from Corina at Searching for Spice.
The link is now open for next week’s bakes – The code for the badge to display is below. Well done on sharing the Bake of the Week love last week – We had our busiest week yet! Don’t forget all entries are commented on, Pinned, Tweeted and shared on Google+ – If you could visit one other entry that would be great and share #Bakeoftheweek but no pressure.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
For those people who also like to cook savoury items, you may be interested to know that from tomorrow (Friday) I am joining forces with Otilia from Romanian Mum in hosting Foodie Fridays. Tomorrow’s post will be all about celebrating everything savoury – Otilia will be doing the round up of all your entries next week.
Linking up this week with Honest Mum’s Brilliant Blog posts
and SuperGoldenBakes’ Cook, Blog, Share