The Costello Kitchen was closed for a few days last week (to baking – we still manage to eat other things than cake!). BritMums and school stuff seemed to take over. The ovens are back on with a vengeance today though.
I started with something hearty and easy to make – I reckon we can get away with calling this Cherry Loaf Cake ‘rustic’ – Is that code for ‘A bit of a mess’?
I’ve got the knitting needles out as you can see from the photo above – I’m determined this will be a calmer week and I’ll get some relaxation time. Its not looking likely so far though!
Last week was the best week ever for Bake of the Week. I love that we are getting so many participants and even lovelier that people are starting to comment on other people’s posts.
The star bake for last week was Mummy Makes Cakes. Jenny must have been working on her party for months – Read the rest of her post for her other Frozen inspired ideas but for now just marvel at these lovely Snowflake cookies. I love how acceptable it is for snowflakes and snowmen to still be around in June this year, thanks to Frozen!
Thanks loads to the other bakers from last week – Links to all the photos are under the collage as usual. We will hopefully hit 100 Bakes of the Week this coming week – Could you be number 100?
1.Lemon Curd and Cream Cheese Bars from Allotment 2 Kitchen. Welcome to the gang!
2. Date & Cashew Chocolate Drops from The Lass in the Apron. I love the photos on this blog – I get lost for hours!
3. I’m definitely going to make these Mini Lemon & Lime Sandwich Cakes by Kirsty from Hijacked by Twins – Delish!
4. Looking for a healthy but tasty breakfast? Try banana & raisin muffins from Hellie’s Corner
5. A warm welcome to Leeks & Lemoni with her Strawberry & Orange Muffins – Just lovely!
6. Julie’s Family Kitchen gave us some Triple Chocolate Cookies. I had the brief pleasure of meeting Julie on Saturday (while I was racing to a meeting) I can confirm she is just as lovely as her bakes but I am gutted we didn’t get chance to meet up again 🙁
7. A really unusual but brilliant idea to use Chickpea flour for a GF Chocolate Coconut Cake from Chocolate Log Blog
8. For people needing No Dairy bakes, Romanian Mum, Otilia serves us with this Easy Peasy Chocolate Dairy Free Cake
9. Welcome to the gang to Emily from A Mummy Too with her bright and cheery Apricot & Custard Danish Pastries
10. Jenny from Mummy Mishaps shares with us these ultra neat Ice-Cream Cone Cupcakes – Gorgeous!
11. Wow, Mummy Whiskers, this Strawberry & Custard Sponge Cake wouldn’t last long around our house. Just divine!
12. Lucia from Torta di Rosa has made the most perfect looking Strawberry Jam Rustic Tart this week. Bit different to the jam tarts I make with the kids!
13. A lovely summery bake from Mami Tales with her Greek yogurt & Lemon Curd Tart
14. Another one for my ‘To Be Baked’ list – I can’t resist Amaretto & this Amaretto Chocolate Torte looks amazing from Lancashire Food
15. A beautiful combination of Lime & Coconut with this Luscious Drizzle Cake from Blue Kitchen Bakes.
The link is now open for your entries – Please attach the badge at the bottom of your post.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
As usual, I’m linking to A Mummy Too’s Recipe of the Week, Honest Mum’s Tasty Tuesday & the award winning Super Golden Bakes’s Cook, Blog, Share and The Spicy Pear and her cohorts Delicieux & Eat Your Veg for Four Seasons Food.