Clandestine Cake-A-Long

Calling all bakers! Do you fancy joining in with a new Cake challenge? Let me introduce to you the Clandestine Cake-A-Long. I will be baking my way through the new and fantastic Clandestine Cake Club Cookbook and would love if you joined me.

A fortnightly baking group where we all bake from a set recipe – All the recipes are from the fabulous new book – The Clandestine Cake Club Cookbook.

The book itself is jam-packed full of 120 cake recipes all from members of the Clandestine Cake Club. I’ve talked about the Clandestine Cake Club many times before – a chance to get together with other cake lovers whilst eating and talking about cake.

The book arrived on my doorstep last week and I was delighted to be included as one of the recipe contributors (Page 242 Oreo Rosette Cake if you’re interested!) I cannot wait to get started on baking my way through the book – there are sooo many that I want to do NOW!

I have been chatting with the Clandestine Cake Guru, Lynn Hill this week about my plans to bake all of the recipes in the book. We would also like to focus on each organiser behind the recipes and will be interviewing them (in a friendly cake related way) during the fortnight that their recipe is in the spotlight.

So how can you get involved?

I’d love it if people wanted to join in and bake with me – You don’t have to do every recipe but it would be great fun. If people want to blog about their bake, I will include a linky that you can add your URL to – if you don’t have a blog, feel free to add a picture of each cake you bake to the Clandestine Cake-A-Long Pinterest group that Lynn has set up especially for our challenge. Your Pinterest pic can then be added to the linky instead. The link will be open for the next 2 weeks.

If you would like an invitation to the Pinterest group, please click here

So when does it start?

The first Cake-A-Long will start next Tuesday 12th February 2013 and will remain open until Monday 25th February.

Which Cake is first?

Pistachio and Lime Cake! Page 141.

(The wonderful looking cover cake – I’m not promising mine will look that good!)

I thought it only right to start with our illustrious leader, Lynn. Lynn has agreed to be interviewed. I will be contacting the other contributors in the coming weeks to see if you would like to be included.

I will organise the next few bakes as soon as possible to give plenty of notice.

If I blog, can I include the recipe?

No, only the original contributor is allowed to publish their recipe on their own blog. If you have done so by the time it is your fortnight, then I will happily link back to you.

Do I have to bake every single recipe to be included?

No, but it makes it so much more fun if there is a lot of us doing it.

Disclosure: I take no responsibility for any waistlines that grow or jeans that shrink during this project ;-)

If you do not own a copy of the book and would like to join in, you can buy one Here

To find out more about attending a Clandestine Cake Club event, visit the website

Comments

1. Christine Stephen says

Hi Helen, I’d love to join your cake-a-long. I’ve registered on Pinterest, I must admit I’ve never used it before so it may take me a while to get the hang of it!!!

Looking forward to receiving my book next week and making the first bake.

• Helen says

Hi Christine, that’s great! So pleased you are joining in – I reckon it will be a lot of fun (and knowing me, a few disasters along the way) I’m still learning Pinterest – I think I was thinking it was more complicated than it actually is. Hope you like the book – I LOVE it! x

• Helen says

Yay Jen! So chuffed you have been inspired – I hope you love the book as much as I do. I keep taking sneaky peeks :-) x

2. says

Great idea as I was going to do this anyway. I’m in although I know I wont be able to bake every single recipe within the two week window.

• Helen says

Great news – so pleased you are on board. Don’t worry about having to do every fortnight. I know there will be occasions when people won’t do certain cakes. There will be chance for catch up weeks too, I hope. It should be a lot of fun! Hx

• Helen says

Hiya Rachel, Glad you liked the cake – wasn’t it a genius combination of Lynn’s? If you pin the pic onto your pinterest page and post that url here, I will repin onto the clandestine cake board. Hope that makes sense! Thanks for joining in Hx

3. Amanda says

Hi,
    I would love to join in. I have actually just made the Pistachio and Lime cake as it is our Waterstones/CCC book launch event tonight!!
    I am a complete beginner on Pinterest – what do I do next?
    Thanks :)

4. Rhonda says

This sounds like so much fun! I will try and post mine when I’ve made it. Shame I found out about this too late for the Cayman Mango cake that I already made and polished off ;-) see you on Pinterest!

• Rhonda says

Ok, I’ve made the cake, taken a photo, but cannot figure out how to post it onto your board…I’ve got it on my board but that’s not what I was trying to do ;-) Please help!

• Helen says

Great! If you post the url of your pin on your pinterest page to the linky, I will then repin onto the CCC pinterest page. Looking forward to seeing it! Thanks for joining in. Hx

5. Helen says

Guys, the post that you need to be adding your pin urls to is http://casacostello.com/2013/02/12/clandestine-cake-a-long-episode-1-lime-pistachio-cake/ – this is where the linky is for the lime & pistachio cake. Looking forward to seeing them all! Thanks for joining in x

6. Victoria Murray says

I’ve posted my url so hopefully it worked. I love this idea and can’t wait to make the rest! I never usually make cakes like this so it is a challenge.

7. Flora Loizou says

Hi, I have joined the Clandestine Cake club and I commented that I was going to bake every cake in the book so Lynn passed the details of this site on to me and suggested I join. Looking forward to it.

• Helen says

Brilliant, Flora – happy to have you on board. Your url doesn’t seem to be showing up on the linky – give me a shout if you need some help adding it to Pinterest. Happy Baking! Hx

8. Deon van says

So I am totally gona start this week – I got the book on Sat and only discovered this group on Sunday, so I was a bit late for the first cake, but plan to make this weeks cake – do we know what it is?

• Helen says

Hiya, great that you will be joining in! Our next cake is Toffee Shock Cake – blog post introducing it, due up later today! x

9. Andrea says

Hi Everyone, Life got in the way right at the start, so no Pistachio and Lime cake from me :0( I’m determined to join in with the next cake though!

• Helen says

Hi Catherine,

You’re not too late at all – would love it if you joined in. We’ve been taking a bit of a baking break over the Easter hols but am raring to bake our way through the CCC cookbook once again! Hx

Trackbacks