The internet is full of Easter recipes at the moment. Mini chocolate Eggs and Creme Eggs have never been used as creatively. I still want to share with you, my Mini Egg Chocolate Pavlovas though. The Mini Eggs are not just used for decoration – there are actually loads of them crushed inside the meringues, giving them a rich chocolately flavour. The key to making any pavlovas is to really take your time – This is especially important when you are adding extra ingredients such as the Mini Eggs and the extra vanilla extract that go into this recipe. I increase the amount of vanilla that goes into these pavlovas to reflect the sweetness and vanilla that is is in the Mini Eggs – You can really taste them!
Did you know it is National Carrot Day next week (4th April)? I’ll be doing something to celebrate myself but for now I’d like to make Kerry Cooks this week’s featured bake with her Carrot Cake Cookies – These sounds absolutely perfect … and almost healthy!
And so onto the Bakes of the Week – Let’s start with the chocolate bakes …
1. Fudgey and Chocolatey Black Bottomed Banana Blondies – what’s not to love from Baking in Pyjamas?
2. A wonderful chocolately alternative to Hot Cross Buns, Brioche Chinois from Tales from the Kitchen Shed
3. Also gearing up to celebrate National Carrot Day is Winnie with this amazing Chocolate & Carrot Cake – I just love those nuts peeping through.
4. Combining the taste of Bounty Bars with Freeze Dried Strawberries in her Chocolate & Coconut Truffles is Hey Cakes this week
5. Celebrating National Oatmeal Cookie Day with their Chocolate covered Raisin Oatmeal Cookies is the Lass in the Apron
6. If you are trying to owed your sugar intake, Kirsty from Hijacked by Twins has a Sugar Free Strawberry & Chocolate Cake for you – I’m really intrigued how this would taste.
7. I have been dreaming about this Coconut & White Chocolate Layer Cake since I saw it earlier in the week – Lass in the Apron
8. Also making the best use of Mini Eggs this week is Eileen from Et Speaks From Home with her Hidden Easter Egg Chocolate Truffles
9. A Magnificent Maltesers Masterpiece from Mummy Mishaps with her Maltesers Pouring Cake
10. Just one glaze isn’t enough for this Peanut Butter n Chocolate Bundt – it has 2 glazes! Baking in Pyjamas
11. So pretty and neat, another Mini Egg creation – A Girl and her Home with her Mini Egg Chocolate Cake
And now the fruity bakes …
12. I love how creative this Banana Split Bundt is from Baking in Pyjamas
13. I bet these Cranberry & Lime Shortbread Creams from Jen’s Food are wonderfully tarty – Beat Custard Creams any day!
14. Feeling summery with a Triple Layer Lemon Cake is Baking in Pyjamas
15. Featuring 2 of my favourite flavours, Orange & Almond Jelly Swiss Roll from Domestic Gothess
16. Making Mornings Marvellous is the FreeFrom Farmhouse with their Breakfast Apple Oat Muffins
17. Amazingly bright and colourful, Blood Orange Mini Tarts from Giraffes Can Bake
And the rest of the bakes – So many wonderful creations this week – Easter is obviously a busy time for baking…
18. You’ve got to feel for Claire from the Good Egg Foodie – She lives with a marzipan hater. Luckily for her, these Easter Simnel cookies passed the test!
19. A Strawberry Triple Layer Birthday cake fit for Baking Queen 74’s 3yo princess
20. Super creative and colourful, Baked Rainbow Donuts from Giraffes Can Bake
21. Making a very welcome return to blogging with a Maple & Pecan Bundt is FoodJam
22. How did I not know that Norway’s favourite cake is one of my favourites too? Verdens Beste 0 Yellow sponge with almonds and cream. Perhaps I should move?
23. Making an absolutely superb job of a Giant Vanilla Ice Cream Cupcakes from Sandy at Baby Baby
24. A savoury entry with Tandoori Naan stuffed with Potatoes & Onion from Herbs, Spices & Tradition
25. Very pretty and trendy Easter Egg Macarons from Jenny at Mummy Makes Cakes
I think we are all ready for summer to make an appearance – This Summer Fruit Cake would welcome it in with style – Winnie’s Blog – I must apologise to Winnie, somehow her cake got missed off the photos. It was bound to happen one week! So sorry x
A huge thank you to everyone for spreading the word and helping to make #Bakeoftheweek busier every week. I am away with Millie at England training for Synchronised Swimming next Mon/Tues so am extending the linky until the following week – Feel free to add up to 6 bakes (old ones are welcome as long as they link to this post). Think of me travelling from St Helens to Aldershot (Via Leeds). I’ll be sharing everyone’s posts like mad when I’m away – I’ve got to keep busy somehow!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>