Once you taste this White Chocolate frosting you will never want to go back to ordinary buttercream ever again! Believe me, this is one of the finest tastes in the world. The white chocolate matches perfectly with the spicy ginger cake. I covered the Hi Hats with milk chocolate but they are equally nice covered in all white chocolate – especially for the very sweet toothed amongst us.
I’m a massive fan of anything ginger at this time of year – I’m never fully dressed without a ginger creation (parkin, gingerbread, cupcakes) at any Halloween or Bonfire event so these fit in just great.
I’ll be honest, this was one of the hardest Bake of the Week’s to do a featured post. There is so much autumn goodness out there this week. In the end, I based my decision on the bake that I’m most likely to bake first – that is Lancashire Food’s Spicy Gingerbread Loaf. I’m planning on taking it to my friend’s when we go to see her in North Yorkshire for Bonfire Night. It will be the first time I have managed to visit her at home since she moved there 15 years ago! Gingerbread and Parkin just sum up this time of year for me and I can just picture me with a big tupperware container dishing out the gingery loveliness!
A big warm welcome to new members of the Bake of the Week team who are joining us for the first time. I’ve divided the rest of this week’s bakes into sections as usual. First we have CHOCOLATE
1. Making Brownies even more divine with her Cappuccino Brownies – Bourbon & Brown Sugar
2. Making her condensed milk for her Gluten and Dairy Free Sticky Chocolate Orange Slices – The Free From Fairy
3. Kirsty from Hijacked By Twins had an exciting day out last week making Lime & Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
4. How amazing is this Room on the Broom cake from the ever talented Mummy Makes Cakes?
5. And more tasty brownies in the form of Cheesecake Cherry Brownies from Poole Mamma – Mmmm!
and yet more goodies …
6. Apparently this Champagne & Strawberry Cake was nearly a disaster – looks pretty spectacular to me! Pauline’s Baking Adventures
7. Patisserie Makes Perfect’s Pistachio & Almond Macaron Cake makes me gasp – Just perfect
8. I always forget how easy and tasty fritters are – My Little Italian Kitchen’s Apple Fritters look homely and moreish!
9. I’m learning something new every week with this baking adventure – This week we’ve been introduced to a Guernsey Gache Melee from Tales from The Kitchen Shed – I can almost taste that butterscotch sauce!
10. Baking Queen 74 has been joining in the trend to bake cakes in the slow cooker with this hearty Plum & Almond Cake
11. I didn’t realise I was quite so much of a wimp, until I was creeped out by ET Speaks From Home’s Spooky Zombie Fingers this week. Just brilliant!
Mummy Whiskers also joined in with her wonderfully creative Halloween Spiced Biscuits, which can be found here
We are now open for next week’s Bakes – Here’s the badge to include in your post. Don’t forget to pop round to a couple of your fellow bakers and say hi/generally admire their work! I will comment, tweet, pin and Google+ all entries as usual!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Psst! While you are here, why don’t you enter my giveaway to win a copy of the fabulous Baking Book, What to Bake and How to Bake It? Click HERE to enter
Joining in with CakeyBoi & Baking Explorer(Hosting) in their Treat Petite linky this month