Remember the caramel recipe from last week? I promised that there would be follow up recipes, using the leftover caramel (well, the bits I didn’t eat straight off the spoon!). This is a dessert that me & Mr C buy as our treat once in a while. It bugs me every time I buy it though, because I know that I could make it.
And I finally did! And it was fantastic. And it was twice the size and at least half the price of the shop bought version!
Let me know how you get on – I’m particularly intrigued how people that usually buy this find the homemade version!
Huge variety of bakes for this week’s Bake of the Week. It was really difficult to choose one that struck me. I’ve gone with Eileen from Et Speaks From Home’s Lavender Shortbread. I was watching Breakfast news this morning (a very rare occasion in-between episodes of Ben & Holly) and they were reporting from a field of lavender. The news reporter was pretending to like the lavender biscuits she was eating all in the name of tv. There would be no preceding with Eileen’s biscuits – they look wonderful. Such an event bake and fantastic photos!.
Chocolate featured massively in this week’s bakes. Here are the entries …
1. Cadbury’s Marvellous Mix Ups Piñata Cake from Mummy Mishaps. How amazing does this look? I bashed my first edible piñata this week and loved the experience!
2. Delicious looking and so neatly presented Cocoa Molasses Fudge from The Lass in the Apron
3. Jen from Mum In The Madhouse has been baking with her kids this week and produced these luxurious Chocolate Pots. And guess what? She even says they are healthy-ah! Does that mean we can have 2?
4. I can’t get over Marie’s Snickers Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies with their gooey centres – Just pure bliss!
5. If you go over to the Chocolate Log Blog today, you sure of some Chocolate Waffles with Lemon Curd & Strawberries – The colours in this post are incredible!
6. Rocky Road was and still is, one of my favourite things to make with the kids 0 Mummy Whiskers has incorporate Alpha Bites into her Alphabet Rocky Road (the baked ones not the frozen potato version!)
If chocolate isn’t your thing, there were plenty of other bakes available too. Seriously, I’m bowled over by how many of you play along with my in Bake of the Week – Thanks loads!
7. I actually gasped when I saw this masterpiece: A Brazilian Baked Custard Coconut Flan from Vohn’s Vittles – Oh how I wish I liked Custard! The shape is so precise – a centrepiece for any celebration! Fantastic.
8. The colours again on this Strawberries & Cream Cheesecake look so inviting. I love that very pale pink – so very different to the colour of shop bought cheesecakes.
9. Rebecca from AAU Blog made me chuckle with her No-Bake Muesli Bars – Now that’s how to make breakfast appealing!
10. A throw back to my childhood with In the Playroom’s Easy Jam Tarts – Again, Anna has been baking with the kids this week.
11. Another wonderful creation from Jenny at MummyMakesCakes – An Elsa’s Ice Palace – I know many a young lady who would LOVE this!
12. And last but in no way least, the most luscious Strawberries & Cream Naked Cake from Lucy at SuperGoldenBakes – I know the stress of making these naked cakes and to get the bake so even and neat show true skill. Just WoW! (PS Its up to you if you want to eat it whilst naked!)
The linky is now open for next week’s – I know I’m late so I’m giving you until Tuesday morning to enter before I close the link). If you would be so kind to add the badge to the bottom of your posts, that would be fantastic. Thanks x
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
I’m trialling the InLinkz linky tool as no-one (including me) liked the previous way of linking – If its any better or worse, please feel free to say!
REQUEST: I’ll be off on my hols in a few weeks and would love Bake of the Week to continue in my absence. If anyone is interested in hosting for a week, please shout! You seriously can’t do any worse a job than me! Thank you!
I’m linking up as usual to a few fellow links:
Emily at A Mummy Too’s Recipe of the Week, Vicki at Honest Mum and Lucy at SupergoldenBakes