This has turned out exactly as I imagined/hoped it would. If you are a fan of Mint Aeros, then this is the cake for you! Not too many ingredients and fairly quick to make.
Mint Aero Chocolate Swiss Roll
|Prep time||25 minutes|
|Cook time||14 minutes|
|Total time||39 minutes|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Serve Cold|
|Occasion||Birthday Party, Casual Party|
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 3oz Caster Sugar (Plus another 2 tbsp for sprinkling on the baking tray)
- 2oz Plain Flour
- 1oz Cocoa Powder
- 113g Mint Aero Balls
- 284ml Double Cream (Whipped until very thick)
- Green Food Colouring
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
|Preheat the oven to 190C and line a Swiss Roll tin or Silicone Tray with baking parchment - Sprinkle the 2 tbsp of caster sugar on top of this parchment|
|Whisk the caster sugar and eggs with an electric mixer for at least 10 minutes until thick and pale. When you lift the whisk out of the mixture, the lines should remain there for a few seconds after.|
|Gently fold in the flour and cocoa until just combined|
|Spread gently and evenly across the baking tray and bake for 12 minutes - turn once, then continue baking for a further 2 minutes|
|Remove from the oven and as soon as you are able, bend the cake over to a roll shape - Unroll then allow to cool fully|
|Meanwhile, chop the bag of Mint Aeros (except for 10 balls that you will use as decoration) and add half to the whipped double cream, along with the peppermint extract|
|When the cake has fully cooled, sprinkle the remaining chopped Aero Balls on top of the cake, then spread the cream evenly on the cake - I took 3 tbsp of the cream mixture to one side to use as decoration|
|Roll the cake from one of the thin ends until it looks like a swiss roll then decorate with the remaining Mint Aero Balls and cream mixture|
My chosen featured bake for this week has left me yearning for buts, caramel and vanilla – 3 Flavour Eclair Cake from Winnie’s Blog
1. If you fancy a change from normal chocolate cupcakes, these roasted Strawberry Chocolate Cakes sound so intense and dreamy from Tin & Thyme
2. Carrot Cupcakes with Orange Icing from Nic’s Bakes
3. A mega post from the Free From Fairy containing some wonderful Chocolate Tahini Cookies that just ooze with goodness.
4. Dark, squiggly and completely tantalising, Dulce de Leche Brownies from Maison Cupcake – A warm welcome to the Bake of the Week gang!
5. Bringing back memories of my summer hols with her Mojito Cupcakes is Mummy Whiskers – Just in time for my next holiday! Yay!
6. Gearing up for the 4th July festivities is A Strong Coffee with American Flag decorated Cupcakes
7. Red Velvet Tiramisu Brownies from The Not SO Creative Cook
8. Love these Ramadan Themed Cut Out Shapes Sugar Cookies from The Not SO Creative Cook – Lovely to have you back!
9. Summery and light, Asparagus & Pesto Puff Pastry Tart from Julie’s Family Kitchen
10. Jibber Jabber Uk shared with us a fantastic Summery Strawberry & Cream Victoria Sponge
11. I would never have thought of using a slow cooker for Bread & Butter pudding nor strawberries – Baking Queen 74 has excelled with her Brioche Strawberry Pudding
12. Wonderful Plum Sugar Cake – Great for using up plums from Winnie’s Blog
13. Low Carb Courgette ‘Pasta’ Lasagne from Claire at Six Degrees of Harmony
14. Just delightful and so perfectly up my street, Gin & Tonic Cake from Truly Madly Kids
15. Recreating Mum’s Apple Pie with Spiced Wholemeal Pastry this week was Searching for Spice – This is my Mother-in-Law’s favourite dish. I might treat her!
Normal rules apply for Bake of the Week – Up to 3 posts per baker. No theme – all welcome – they don’t have to include a recipe, just a post about a bake whether it be sweet, savoury, small, large, decorated, disaster, slow cooker or oven. Please include the badge to spread the word in your post and if you get chance visit some of the other entrants to admire their bakes.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
I’m so pleased to be able to join in with one of my favourite linkies this week – The theme for #thegallery is CAKE – How perfect! Click the badge to see what other people are entering.