This cake is so versatile – You can up the amount of coffee and even up the amount of cocoa to make it more of a Mocha cake. Just amend the amount of flour you use – i.e. Use 1 tbsp more cocoa, take 1 tbsp flour out.
Its a really easy to prepare cake – The mixing together should take no more than 10-15 minutes and the decorations can be finished in less than 20. I purposely used 1 packet of White Cooking Chocolate (150g) so you see how far it goes. I use very high quality white cooking chocolate but if you are wanting to get rid of any white chocolate Easter Eggs, use them here.
As usual, I grease the bundt tin with butter then sprinkle flour to give a light coating. I’m sensing my days of being able to do this method in this tin are numbered though. I have a few scratches which are making it harder and harder to get the cake to release. I might have to start lining the base with a thin strip of baking parchment.
Thanks loads to Sarah at Maison Cupcake for her great brilliant roundup last week.
There were so many great bakes that once again, I struggled to decide on my feature bake. This Chocolate Ganache Cake from Coriander Queen definitely has the WOW factor though – Such simple decoration using fresh cream ganache and very effective Galaxy Golden Eggs which I really must get my hands on this Easter! Stunning.
I’ve got to give some love to Hot Cross Buns as it is Easter Week too. I still have hopes of baking my own on Good Friday but these from Baked to Imperfection are just lovely too.
I also love the idea of Mummy Mishaps’ Peach Melba Yogurt Cake – Perfect for spring which is definitely upon us at last!
Top left going clockwise
1. Ultra cute but full of flavour, Spiced Rum Easter Chocolate Cakes from Tin & Thyme
2. Making the most of some recuperation time off school is the Gluten Free Alchemist’s daughter again – this time she brings us Peanut Magic Bars and they look ace!
3. Cinnamon Swirl Cookies that are ultra neat from Winnie’s Blog
4. I don’t think I’ll ever get fed up of seeing Creme Eggs in baking – These Creme Egg Double Chocolate Muffins from From Plate To Pen are fantastic.
1. Easter would not be the same with Simnel Cake and these cupcakes are so much quicker to cook than traditional Simnel. From Only Crumbs Remain.
2. Just watch the Caramel pouring GIF in Winnie’s post for this Latte Tiramisu – Pure indulgence!
3. Another coffee masterpiece, this time from Beach Hut Cook with a Coffee Skillet Cake. Perfect for the Easter weekend.
4. I cannot resist any baking containing oats and these Oat & Raisin Cookies from Baking Queen 74 would disappear in super quick time.
We are now open for your next Bakes of the Week. Please visit some of the other entries and share the #BakeoftheWeek love.
Don’t forget to tag myself (www.casacostello.com) and Maison Cupcake (www.maisoncupcake.com)in your post as well as adding the badge please.
We continue to comment on all entries, Pin, Tweet, Yum & Stumble Upon – We add onto G+ when possible too and love to link to you all. Up to 2 entries per week per blog please. Link will remain open until next Monday evening and Sarah will be hosting the roundup next week
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>