Happy Easter! One of the loveliest days of the year – full of pastel colours, chocolate and little chicks. Hope you are having a super day.
You may already be sorted for Easter baking but in case you are still yearning for something sweet and crunchy, the bakers at Stork have invented the Easter Nest Cupcake for our delight. All about making the humble cupcake that little bit more interesting with the addition of their very own Cornflake Nest on top, they are speedy to make and great for sharing. If that wasn’t enough, we are encouraged to add a couple of Mini Eggs to the top for decoration too!
We enjoyed ours at our family Easter lunch with this bunch of crazy kiddies! Safe to say, the cupcakes went down very well! We even played Egg & Spoon balancing using the Easter Cupcakes – They weren’t very good at balancing!
Easter Nest Cup Cakes
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
115g (4 oz) Stork tub
115g (4 oz) caster sugar
2 large eggs
115g (4 oz) self-raising flour, sieved together with
1Ž2 teaspoon baking powder
40g (1 1/2 oz) Stork tub
3 tablespoons golden syrup
6 tablespoons drinking chocolate powder
18 tablespoons cornflakes or branflakes
To decorate: Cadbury Mini Eggs
1. Place all cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until well mixed. Place in 12 muffin paper cases
2. Bake in preheated oven 190°C, 170°C fan, Gas mark 5 for 15 -20 minutes. Cool.
3. For chocolate nest, gently melt Stork and syrup and stir in chocolate and cornflakes. Place a tablespoon of mix on each cupcake in a nest effect and leave to set. Serve decorated with Easter eggs.
Energy Fat Saturates Sugars Salt
1079 kJ/ 281 kcal 12,8 g 4,2 g 24,3 g 0,8 g
14 %* 18 %* 21 %* 27 %* 13 %*
Stork have also provided us with full step by step instructions on how to make these cupcakes plus a super clear video featuring the lovely Ruth from The Pink Whisk.
Make the Easter Nest Cupcakes your own with some suggestions for adding variety:
- Try some chopped Glace Cherries mixed into the Cornflake Nest mixture
- Add some edible glitter for super sparkly nests or some sprinkles for yet more crunch
- Flavour your cupcakes with any of the following:
- Lemon/Lime Zest, Almond Extract (1/2 tsp), Replace 1 Tbsp of the flour with 1 Tbsp of Drinking Chocolate powder or 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Add 1 tsp Raspberry jam to the top of the cakes just before adding the Nests – The mixture of Chocolate & Raspberry is incredible
Definitely make a double batch – these disappear fast!
Disclosure: This is a commissioned post for Stork