I’ve been having a play! Ever since I picked up a pot of Speculoos Spread from the supermarket last week, it has been calling me from the cupboard. Now I know these are not the world’s prettiest macarons but for a play around I rather like the rustic look. If I was to make them properly I would, of course, sift the icing sugar and the ground almonds to get rid of the texture.
Speechless always remind me of our holidays in France – Violet in particular loves Lotus Speculoos biscuits. From reading up about speculoos though, it would seem that they are more of a traditional Christmas treat.
The actual macarons do not contain any Speculoos biscuits but I’ve adapted them to taste fairly like them – The Speculoos Spread that I have used in the buttercream gives plenty of the taste but if you really want to go the whole hog, you could replace 50g of the ground almonds with finely crushed Speculoos biscuits.
Great to see that even in these early days of January when people are still hopeful about detoxing and Dry January, there are still people baking! Yay for us bakers that carry on regardless.
My featured bake this week comes from Supper In The Suburbs and is ever so luxurious – Champagne & Raspberry Bundt Cake. Just so pretty – I need a celebration as an excuse to make this NOW!
1. Snickers Brownies – Potpourri has shown us how to make Brownies even more perfect this week by adding Snickers to them. Oh wow!
2. Baking with granny is certainly getting rid of any granny stereo types that may still be lingering around – This lady is awesome and so are her Irn Bru Cupcakes!
3. I have got to try some brilliantly named Russian Caravan tea especially after seeing Only Crumbs Remain’s Russian Caravan Cupcakes.
4. I never used to like Roast Potatoes as a child – What was wrong with me?? Could eat treble helpings of these from The Mini Mes and Me
5. Definitely no Dry January from Domestic Gothess with this incredible Baileys Cheesecake with Baileys Ganache and a Flat White Martini.
6. The Gluten Free Alchemist describes her Ginger Cookies as the best she has ever made which is good enough for me to want them!
Thanks as always to everyone who joined in with Bake of the Week – I’m leaving the linky open until Monday 25th Jan so feel free to add up to 3 bakes per blog. Please add the badge to your post to let other know about #Bakeoftheweek too.
As usual I will be round commenting, pinning, tweeting, yummlying, stumbling & G+ing all entries. There’s no theme, savoury, sweet, bg, small, tarts, cookies, cakes, pies, casseroles – all welcome!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>