I’ve been wanting to blog this recipe for ages. We eat hummus ALL OF THE TIME in this family, especially Roasted Red Pepper. I’ve recently started giving Millie a portion with breadsticks as soon as she comes out of the pool which she devours on the journey home. I will admit that we still buy hummus too but there is something so satisfying about serving your own. Its so quick and easy too!
This recipe can be easily adapted slightly to suit your taste – Try it with 1/2 tsp of Piri Piri Seasoning, or another clove of Garlic, or a huge splash of worcester sauce.
We serve ours at home with tortilla wraps lightly toasted in a dry frying pan, then chopped into triangles with a pizza cutter. No exaggeration when I say we’ve had it 3 times this week alone!
Bake of the Week
My featured #BakeoftheWeek from last week comes from Glutarama with these fabulous Gluten free Cinnamon Buns. The skill level in achieving this beautifully light bake is super.
Many Thanks go as always to all of our other bakers fro joining in. We are so happy to see numbers steadily increasing. Our Bake of the Week Facebook Page is also becoming a hive of activity, baking chat and information too, which we are very grateful for. Feel free to join us – we welcome anyone who has an interest in baking.
I also want to give an honorable mention to Tin & Thyme for her Wholemeal Spelt Welsh Cakes seeing as today is St David’s Day (and would have been my lovely Dad’s 77th birthday)
1. Perfect for breakfast on the move, Breakfast Muffin Fritattas from Jo’s Kitchen Larder
2. Combining 2 favourite flavours of muffin, Chocolate Chip Raspberry Muffins from Bake it Until you Cake It
3. For when you just need that hit of summer in your life, Pink Grapefruit Drizzle Cake from Something Sweet, Something Savoury
4. I learnt so much about Vegan cooking with dietary requirements from this post for Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes from Curly’s Cooking
5. I love Creme Egg recipes and Baking Queen 74’s recipe for Slow Cooker Creme Egg Shortbread is one of the best
6. I’m equally addicted to Mini Eggs at any time of year but must try these Mini Egg Brownies this Easter from Mummy Mishaps
Our linky is now open for your next entries. If it is your first time joining in with #BakeoftheWeek then welcome! We are very pleased you have joined us. We do not have a theme, anything baked in an oven or slow cooker is welcome – Pies, Cakes, Biscuits, Tarts, Casseroles etc. Jenny from Mummy Mishaps will be back next week with the Roundup. We link back to all entries with a picture in the roundup as well as sharing over Twitter, Pinterest, Yummly, Stumble Upon and G+ & Facebook when possible.
Please remember to link to me (http://csacostello.com) and Jenny in your entry as well as adding the #BakeoftheWeek badge:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>