Blimey these are good! I’ve been after a hugely tasty cookie for ages – I found these in my latest edition of Baking Heaven, got stuck in and of course, messed around with the recipe a little. I didn’t expect them to be quite so filling with the White Chocolate centre but they are truly amazing. Tara and Violet prefer them without the filling – They are just a good and chewy the following few days too.
The original recipe comes from Eve & David O’Sullivan and is featured in their Bake in Black cookbook which I am seeing everywhere at the moment. I’ve not invested yet but if more recipes are half as good as this one, then its a must!
Disclosure: Recipe contains an associate link
It feels like forever since I did a Bake of the Week roundup – I don’t like to post until all posts have been commented on and shared, therefore why there has been such a delay. The good news is that Tara is now fully ensconced at school so Bake of the Week will be back to its regular Tuesday slot every week now. Thanks for bearing with me until now!
My featured Bake of the Week is this absolutely stunning Limoncello Mascarpone Layer Cake from Andrea at All You Need Is Love And Cake – Just a beautiful spectacle that would be a delight at any table.
I couldn’t leave out this Flower Bread from Sarah at Tales from the Kitchen Shed either. Proving (pun intended) that pre-planning pays off with her Flower Bread work of art.
I also want to give a mention to the Free From Fairy for her post on Tips for Free From Baking – A lot of knowledge, expertise and time goes into these type of posts – Thank you for sharing your tips.
1. Very impressed with this Coconut & Pineapple Cake from Its Not Easy Being Greedy that is Sugar Free, Gluten Free & Dairy Free – That is a talent!
2. Challenging us to let this Sticky Date, Orange & Cinnamon Cake sit for 2-3 days! De Tout Coeur Limousin
3. Read all about Lancashire Food’s quest to make their own honey – They have also been producing a magnificent Banana & Honey Loaf Cake with is GF & contains no artificial sugars. Looking forward to hearing more about the bees soon.
4. Loving the crunchy top on Winnie’s Buttery Plum Cake
5. I was really sad to run out of time and not be able to make a meringue layer cake – Baking Queen 74 did a beautiful job of hers.
6. Perfectly pretty Cherry Clafoutis from Petite Raisin – I love a clafoutis in autumn!
7. I had shop bought muffins this week – they weren’t a patch on homemade and now I’m yearning for SnapHappyBakes’ Lemon & Poppy Seed Muffins
8. Pink Grapefruit & Kirsch Savarin – Amazing flavour combination from Lilis Cakes
9. Mouthwateringly tempting Self Saucing Apple & Blackberry Pudding from Sarah at Tales from the Kitchen Shed
10. Mini Chocolate, Nutella Ganache & Hazelnut Praline Layer Cake from Domestic Gothess – her fiancé is a lucky man! Happy birthday to him!
11. My kids would kill for some of these! Oreo Biscuit Cakes from ET Speaks From Home
12. Wow to this combination of Chocolate Crunchie Frangipane Tart from Its Not Easy Being Greedy – I am so impressed!
13. Slow Cooker Chocolate Oat Bars – The creations Baking Queen 74 comes up with in a Slow Cooker just blow me away – Fantastic!
14. Can’t beat a Chocolate Kiss – Love these from ET Speaks From Home and they are from the Bake in Black book too!
15. Totally over performing in her British Bake Off creations – This Gingerbread Biscotti will definitely be coming to Bonfires with us in November – Foodie Quine
16. You can always guarantee that Winnie will go the extra mile – Homemade cheese made into this amazing cheesecake – completely with translated recipe. What a woman!
17. I promise myself I will make more savoury muffins for the kids’ breakfast – These Cheese & Onion Muffins may just help me out from NicBakes
18. Ingenious design from Domestic Gothess with her Garlic Mushroom Manchego Baked Egg Bread Boats
19. Just look at those tempting green basil speckles – Parmesan, Sundried Tomato & Basil Soda Bread from All You Need Is Love and Cake
As usual, all bakes are welcome and shared manically across the internet. Savoury, sweet, small, big, tarts, biscuits, cakes, pies, anything slow cooked or baked in an oven.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>